Show "Juxtaposition: dynamism - stillness"

stillshunter

Super Moderator Emeritus
Name
Mark
I'm always intrigued by photos that portray the tension between the still and the dynamic - it's often an image with dynamic content whose composition conveys a sense of stillness, a still subject with a strong sense of movement, or simply the contrast of the two in a singe frame. Wonder if anyone else knows what I mean…

To confuse you further here's one of my recent shots that I think vaguely contains this sense. I've seen better and look forward to seeing yours…

13483813785_cec170c09b_z.jpg

Y'all got it! :tup:…so much so looking a coupe in particular I have better articulated the heading.

These images really resonate with me at the moment - not sure if it's the chaos of my workplace juxtaposed to the serenity at home, experiencing that transition between the seasons….all I know is that I feel something akin to a real acknowledgement when I see one

Thanks so much for all so far,
….now more, moRE, MORE :clapping:

These images really resonate with me at the moment - not sure if it's the chaos of my workplace juxtaposed to the serenity at home, experiencing that transition between the seasons….all I know is that I feel something akin to a real acknowledgement when I see one

I find that most people who have been abducted by aliens feel the same way, Mark. :)

is it just me (since I know what he is looking at) or can you sense the dynamic tension of a squirrel outside the window in this otherwise tranquil scene.....
<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/lukinosity/9899221383/player/" width="530" height="800" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

is it just me (since I know what he is looking at) or can you sense the dynamic tension of a squirrel outside the window in this otherwise tranquil scene.....
<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/lukinosity/9899221383/player/" width="530" height="800" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>
ha ha good one brother. He is just fixed and constant anticipation.
I reallly like this little guy - reminds me of my own Cairn (though I know Charlie's a Westie - so that cut above ;)) He always looks so dashing - is his fine coiffure a regular store cut or is it down to mum or dad's scissors?

Hard a starboard and full ahead

131025-1010167-b_w.jpg

Once again I'm left wondering if this fits the theme (you guys and your philosophical subjects challenging us mere mortals). This coaster was moving slowly through the Cobbler channel to enter the Cattedown at Plymouth when a sudden cross wind threatened to swing the ship badly off course causing the pilot to order the rudder put hard to starboard and full ahead on the engine. This effect is becoming a rarer sight as single screw ships fall out of fashion.

Barrie

131025-1010167-b_w.jpg

Once again I'm left wondering if this fits the theme (you guys and your philosophical subjects challenging us mere mortals). This coaster was moving slowly through the Cobbler channel to enter the Cattedown at Plymouth when a sudden cross wind threatened to swing the ship badly off course causing the pilot to order the rudder put hard to starboard and full ahead on the engine. This effect is becoming a rarer sight as single screw ships fall out of fashion.

Barrie

What a great shot

Back