Animals Show "Horses"

I saw it while doing the Cotswold Way :)
Sadly, equines are not my forte - all I can tell about that cute off-white quadraped is that it was young looking, and in a field with a hedge.

Seville - Leica X1

These horses are very brave as the bull will push them hard up against the rails and try to gore them. Yes, they do get hurt sometimes but they never seem to show any fear. It's a grim business this bullfighting.

L1002497-Edit.jpg

I just took an an hour or two to design next year's stable calendar. Here's the PDF. Cameras used: Fujifilm X100, X10, HS20EXR, F550EXR, Sony SLT-A55V.

Also, volume 2 of our "Operation Conny" tale is ready. You can download it here.

And a current version of volume 1 is still here.

flysurfer, thank you so much for letting us see both of your creations. The calendar and the second volume about Conny's tale are both extremely well done. I only wish I could read what was written, yet even without that the photographs tell the story. Whoever is on your Christmas list for these will be very very happy.

Thanks BB and Olli.

Well it's not so much that he is angry but more frustrated with my not only having the camera in his face but not allowing him to chew the lens in earnest. I mean it all starts with innocent sniffing of the body and then feeling it with their fine nasal hairs and then just to have a little taste of the lens and then....I think you get the picture. This one had him puzzled as I was virtually lying on the ground while taking photos and had just refused his fourth gradual petition to simply sample a small corner of the lens. I'm mighty glad that the PL25 comes with a very large lens hood as anything shorter and he'd have made his way with the front element.

Steve, this is super! First of all the image - I love it, the angle you chose...not sure what lens you were using but the wide view is fantastic, as are the colors - they have an older film feel to me. I don't think you could have asked for a better moment. :bravo-009:

Thanks so much for the kind words! This was taken with an E-P1/ Computar 12.5mm f/1.3 combo. The lens is very usable for a cheap, fast, wide angle C-mount (with some vignetting but not bad given the focal length), and you can actually get some DOF control since the lens is fast.

The photo was taken at the ranch where my daughter takes riding lessons. Cheers, Steve

Steve, this is super! First of all the image - I love it, the angle you chose...not sure what lens you were using but the wide view is fantastic, as are the colors - they have an older film feel to me. I don't think you could have asked for a better moment. :bravo-009:

Back