Fuji Set-up Guide to Fuji X-T1?

Dave Jenkins

Regular
The Beautiful Northwest Georgia Mountains
Name
Dave Jenkins
I was holding out for the prices to come down on the Fuji X-T2, but found a used but not abused X-T1 body at a price that was too good to pass up.

I have an X-Pro 1 and a X-T20, so I have a bit of general familiarity with Fuji, but I can see that the X-T1 has a few significant differences. Can anyone recommend a quick set-up guide to the camera?

How do you like to shoot? Think of these categories and tell me how often you want to be able to directly tweak these things...

- Aperture control
- Shutter speed control
- Shutter type (electronic vs mech)
- Film simulations, or Raw vs JPG for that matter
- White balance
- AF point (this is a biggie, think it over carefully)

Thanks for the help guys. I had the John Caz site -- should have looked there first.

To answer your questions, Kyle, I don't tweak things very much, other than the aperture. I mostly use auto ISO, shoot RAW+Fine jpeg, Astia (my favorite film), find that auto white balance on the Fujis works fine for most situations, and focus with the center point only.

I shot film with manual cameras for 35 years and still prefer to make all settings before bringing the camera up to my face.

By the way, the firmware on my new (to me) X-T1 is version 5.40. Is that the latest? Where do I go to find out these things?

While we're on a roll, does anyone know how to get a shutter count on Fuji X bodies?

No way to do this, as with other camera systems (e.g. Nikon). Even if the EXIF lists something like that, it is inaccurate.

The number of the newest photograph might give some clue, but not necessarily accurate, as that can be changed in the menus.

Back