Scotland

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Dewi Sant, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Dewi Sant

Dewi Sant Veteran

Dec 20, 2013
    Lancashire, England
    Guess?
    These are from a week's trip to Scotland in July last year - only just got around to sorting and loading them onto my website and thought some of you guys may like to have a look. There are too many to post in a thread so here's the link. Hope you like :smile:

http://www.dewisant-photography.net/y_ogb_scotland_2013.htm

• Like Like x 10
  2. qhs232

qhs232 Veteran

Oct 6, 2013
    Metro Detroit
    Gary
    My wife is always trying to get me to Scotland, but your photos gave such a great sense of place and were so very much enjoyed…..that it might save me $$$ :wink:

3. Wonderful set. Scotland is an awesome place and a great place to take your camera. Just gotta remember to take a wide angle for all that scenery!!

4. Great series/Great place

5. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Thanks so much, Dewi - what a wonderful trip! Love the scenes...the landscapes. It was so kind of Josie and Danny to bring along their humans and not leave them stuck at home.:biggrin: That competition shot is great.:wink:

• Like Like x 1
  6. dave6376

dave6376 Regular

Aug 23, 2012
    Perth, Scotland
    Very nice pictures. I'm lucky enough to live less than an hour's drive from the Edradour distillery and I can testify from personal experience to the quality of their product!

7. Dewi Sant

Dewi Sant Veteran

Dec 20, 2013
    Lancashire, England
    Guess?
    I thought you may like to see a bit of Scotland, BB - I posted that with you in mind :smile:

Dave, you're a lucky man living in such a lovely area. One of my favourite drives out of Pitlochry is along the Tummel valley road to Rannoch Station. Long time since we've been along there - one road in, one road out as I recall. One of the first long walks we did with our lad Ben was the 12 mile Kilikrankie when he was about 9 - he loved it but it's frightening to realise that was 20 years ago!. I was staying in Pitlochry at the Dundanich (sp?) Hotel last May when there was a big MX5 rally on there. Quirky hotel but great fun.

• Like Like x 1
  8. aKilter

aKilter Veteran

Dec 7, 2012
    Thank you for posting these wonderful images, Dewi.

As a Scotsman who's lived in the colonies most of his life, they reminded me just how much beauty is contained within the borders of such a small country.....and that I need to return for a visit soon.

"Wherever I wander, wherever I rove,
    The hills of the Highlands for ever I love." ---Robert Burns

• Like Like x 2
  9. Jock Elliott

Jock Elliott All-Pro

Jan 3, 2012
    Troy, NY
    some of those shots absolutely make my heart ache. Just beautiful!

They say that, after three single malts, you can hear the pipers . . . whether they are playing or not!

Cheers, Jock

• Like Like x 2
  10. Dewi Sant

Dewi Sant Veteran

Dec 20, 2013
    Lancashire, England
    Guess?
    Thanks, chaps - have a bonus photo - Mealt Waterfall on the Isle of Skye

110910-12_zps0e68c0c6.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  11. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus