Fuji Showcase Samyang 8mm Fisheye F2.8

I've used the µ4/3 Samyang and I liked it. The problem with a fish is you need to be creative in order to use it effectively. And being creative is a lot of work. I think I'd just rather just look at you being creative and me enjoying not having to sweat.

What, you don't have a creative button on your Fuji? Mind creates out of focus images, converts them to contrasty B&W, adds grain and a vignette and calls the results artistic expression. Hit the button twice and it does all that with a dash of sepia.

8433649067_7b31322790_b.jpg

8263740024_bee3e75689_b.jpg

I am looking for a long time for a software/lightroom plugin to remove the distortion from pics shot woth rokinon 8 2.8... Any ideas?

I am looking for a long time for a software/lightroom plugin to remove the distortion from pics shot woth rokinon 8 2.8... Any ideas?

You can use LR4s corrections for Nikon's fisheye. There are two listed, one does more correction than another.

Thanks for your reply, I tried 10.5mm correction, it does the work, but is definitely far from being perfect....

From my past experience with various fisheyes, no correction results in a perfect shot. It is cool to play with, you can get some crazy effects but you will probably not come out with anything looking like a normal image. The last image I posted was originally shot with the horizon directly in the middle of the frame (keeping it straight), then ratio cropped to move the horizon down a bit. It was not corrected at all for distortion.

From my 8mm fishy wishy.

The old tug"Brent" at Maldon in Essex at silly o'clock in the morning.

8735916274_6144c5896a_c.jpg

"Brent" by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr

Street with the 8mm

View attachment 13320
street 120513 by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr

8727897302_7697184ba6_c.jpg

XE1 Hoxton/City 100513 by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr

"Fly" said the windmil....straining against the roots that held it firmly to the earth, "Fly my beauty, as high as you can, as fast as you can....you lucky b*******"

View attachment 13322
The Take Off by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr

Back