Samsung samsung zoom function

David Smith

Is There a way to use say a canon zoom lens or any other make of lens on the samsung nx1000.
i have the 20 - 50 lens, but would like the 18 - 200, (IF i Could afford it )so that i could leave it on for every kind of photo.
I have seen some other camera zooms at a much cheaper price than the nx lens.
Thank you in advance.

Is There a way to use say a canon zoom lens or any other make of lens on the samsung nx1000.
Yes, you can adopt several lenses, but it has drawbacks. You'll never have autofocus and OIS and you need to set the aperture manually on the lens or on the adaptor. What lens have you thought about?

i have the 20 - 50 lens, but would like the 18 - 200, (IF i Could afford it )so that i could leave it on for every kind of photo.
I'd suggest to buy the 50-200mm instead of the 18-200mm. You can read my review for more information.

I wouldn't try to adapt a Canon zoom lens to a Samsung. You loose AF and aperture control. Canon lenses don't have a manual aperture ring so changing it is a hassle that requires doing it on a Canon camera first and then removing the lens. I would consider a prime lens but even then, same issues.

Back