Samsung Samsung NX image thread

Okay, so it's more that the angular steps that it displays are too coarse, and that within the window that it reports the camera as level you can still rotate the camera a degree or two in either direction, yes? I'll have to check if the same is true on the Canon and Olympus levels.

Okay, so it's more that the angular steps that it displays are too coarse, and that within the window that it reports the camera as level you can still rotate the camera a degree or two in either direction, yes? I'll have to check if the same is true on the Canon and Olympus levels.

Yes, this is exactly the way it is. The only other camera with a built-in level I am familiar with is Sony SLT-A77 and its level is significantly more precise.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using SeriousCompacts mobile app

The camera with an easy level control is the Galaxy NX. With the NX20 and the same lens it's more difficult to see the green level and maintain it. The lens in use is the 45mm 2D/3D.

Castel Saint Angel - Rome

santangelo.jpg

I've taken this photo with the kit lens, I'm really impressed with its quality.

I gotta say. Looking at this thread those NX cameras seem like they are pretty damn good. Nic how would you say the NX300 compares to the OMD?

I gotta say. Looking at this thread those NX cameras seem like they are pretty damn good. Nic how would you say the NX300 compares to the OMD?

You know, I haven't really taken the time to think about how they compare yet because I tend to view them as complimentary cameras rather than competitors, but I'll give it a go.

E-M5 wins:
Better ultimate speed (AF, write times)
Built-in viewfinder
Weathersealing
More comprehensive lens line-up
Twin multi-function dials
OLED screen better in bright sunlight

NX300 wins:
Touchscreen interface much comprehensive (active in menus, uses pinch-to-zoom gesture in image playback)
More substantial grip
Better colour palette (IMO, of course)
The 30mm f2 pancake!
Tactile feel of buttons

Thanks for the reply Nic. I love the looks of the NX300 itself and one thing I'm curious about is subject isolation easier on the NX300 than the OMD with say the 45mm 1.8 or the 25 1.4? And how do working with the separate RAW files compare? Sorry if this should be posted elsewhere.

Back