BarcelonaSagradaFamilia-16_zps475411f4.jpg

BarcelonaSagradaFamilia-11_zps189802a6.jpg

BarcelonaSagradaFamilia-26_zps9fe67fe4.jpg

BarcelonaSagradaFamilia-19_zpsd27f1a57.jpg

BarcelonaSagradaFamilia-25_zpsa3eeb7e8.jpg

BarcelonaSagradaFamilia-20_zps38223153.jpg

BarcelonaSagradaFamilia-30_zps7507eb2d.jpg

Shot with Leica D-LUX 6

Definetely on my "must visit" list. I've been to Barcelona before but there's so much to see (and the queue for Sagrada Familia was so long) that we spent our time looking at other sights.

The throng of tourists is crazy now, but you can at least buy tickets on-line ahead of time. I think it is worth the wait; I spent about two hours in there.

Wow wow wow. Antonio Gaudi is one of my heroes! I was there nearly 25 years ago and the said that it would take 100 years to complete. They've made a lot of progress in the interim.

I think they expect to finish it in 2027 now due to the increase in tourist revenue. Absolutely amazing place, and despite the queues the #1 must see site in Barcelona. It feels like this is what all cathedrals would look like if only humans had evolved as a coral-dwelling underwater species instead of walking on land. Great pics! (y)

I was there 33 years ago and more or less had my run of the place - I'm sure there were other tourists but not enough to leave an impression. I remember walking through the various little walkways up in the spires. All very much under construction then too. I was back in Barcelona briefly four years ago and could barely get within a block of the place it was so over-run. But I guess if it helps them get it done, it's a good thing. OTOH, it's constant state of being un-done is probably part of the charm. It'll probably feel wrong to have it somehow "finished". Amazingly cool place though. I love all of the other smaller Gaudi buildings around Barcelona - just typical little 4-5 story apartment blocks with the facades seemingly dripping away...

-Ray

Back