Sony RX100M2, no longer rumors just the facts.

Someone leaked the user's manual for the new RX100M2. So read all about the new features.

ERROR

I so want the tilt LCD. The multi function shoe should allow people to mount an EVF.

Surprisingly, as I don't speak or read Japanese, I spent more time looking at that manual than I do looking at English versions for cameras I actually own.

A quick scan through the PDF tells me that there aren't any more control dials and that the lens is the same 28-100mm equiv with f4.9 at the long end. So since I'm not interested in the tilting screen, the hot-shoe or Wi-Fi, I might as well wait for the RX100 price to drop (or buy something else).

-R

1080/24P @ 24MBps? Awesome. Too bad it doesn't have any ergonomic-improving grooves on the right side of the body though. New guts, new LCD, but same old poor handling. Regardless, I'm looking forward to seeing the official release.

Well well. It seems that the rumor that the RX100M2 would have a new sensor are right. Looking at the manual, the RX100M2 does have a new improved sensor over the RX100. The RX100 has an Exmor sensor.

"Image device: 13.2 mm × 8.8 mm
(1.0 type) Exmor CMOS sensor"

The RX100M2 has an Exmor R sensor, it's backside illuminated.

"撮像素子:13.2 mm×8.8 mm(1.0型)
Exmor R CMOSセンサー"

I guess the RX100 has too poor lowlight performance as far as Sony is concerned. ;) This new sensor should be twice as sensitive. I already find the RX100 to be a crazy good lowlight performer. This should bring it up to insane.

Back