Sony RX100 new for $408.

I've been contemplating one of these for awhile, but looking for a drop in price. The Ebay seller lists having limited quantities, but it has sold over 540 and still has more available. That doesn't sound very limited to me. Anyone else thinking of getting one?

I would have gone for one - it's a great price, although I think I'd go with the $439 price from Newegg just because I know them. But I now have the Fuji X10 and XF1. I think a Panasonic GM1 is more likely for me.

I might trust Newegg more, as well, for the same reason. I have the XF1, too, from probably the same sale that you got yours from. I also wish I had either waited, or jumped, on the recent $299 X10 deal, but I dragged my feet. Now it's hard to find at that price anymore. Still, the original RX100 is tempting to me. Though, maybe not quite what I want, which is a high quality JPEG P&S, but I hear it recommended that the RX100 be shot in RAW and post-processed, which seems to be the opposite of that. Maybe I'll pass and keep my eyes peeled for the X10.

Back