Sony RX100 images corrupted along top and bottom edges

Via

Name
David Litschel
sony_issue.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Has anyone else experienced the problem of corrupted images along the top and bottom edges of the image when in horizontal position? The corruption looks like a continuous line of thin vertical slices of the image, e.g., using the same colors and content but in an unrecognizeable manner. I am wondering if it is the sensor or something to do with LightRoom 5. Any suggestions?

i suspect this likely happens during file transfer. do the images look like this on camera LCD or only on PC?

check your card reader connections and consider trying different SD cards to see if it a phenomenon of the card or the connection or your computer.

If it happens in camera, it is likely your image processor has become damaged, not the sensor. essentially the 1's and 0's that make up digital images are being repeated for the rest of the image because it has somehow become corrupted and the image cannot finish.

you could also be having hard drive issues on your pc if none of the above are your issues.

I had something similar to this a few years ago on a old camera, turned out it was something faulty on the SD card, can you try another card to see if the problem remains before looking for sensor or Lightroom problems?

I agree with chilliman's comment - this looks like a corrupted file from the SD card. I'd certainly try a different card before embarking on more complicated investigations.

Back