Sony rx1 lens hood

Luke

Legend
Name
Luke
The RX1 has passed the first week test. I'm not "in love" with it, but the images it spits out are too good not to try a little harder to fall in love. So it's accessory time. I'm generally not a hood kinda guy.....sometimes you need to embrace the flare, but by the same token, for the price of some of the knockoffs, it would be nice to have one in the bag. I'm hoping that one of the cheapos allows one to be able to use that sweet lens cap. What are you others using? Can I still use the cap on the end or is it either or? Can you share a link?

Thanks!

I got one of the JJC hoods. Its indistinguishable from the Sony cap, using the same bayonet mount, and I got it for about $50 - it should be down to $30 soon enough (although I just checked and its currently closer to $60 on both Amazon and ebay at the moment). You can definitely still use the orignal RX1 cap with it. Some of the screw-mount hoods (like the one Serhan linked to) are cheaper, but may or may not be able to use the cap. And are slightly less easily removable, if that matters...

No idea on the shutter release - I have one of the old cable releases that works with my Fuji and now with the RX1...

-Ray

I am using a cheap screw on hood from a Hong Kong based company and see no need at all to put the heavy Sony cap on the lens.
The hood protects the lens very well against finger prints and cleaning now and then with a soft cloth is sufficient.
The Sony Lens cap is too heavy and I would be sorry to lose it.
So I just don't use it!
Harry

Fotodiox has a rectangular bayonet fit hood meant for the RX1. Nice too... and the lenscap attaches well to the hood.
RX1 Red Gordy.jpg

Back