News Rolleiflex is back

It looks way better than the MINT instant TLR. Still....$400 for it is not something I want to spend...I'm in the market for an awesome pair of headphones and possibly an amp...so that is where my $$ will go! Now if I can choose between Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, Sony and Audio Technica! I swear this decision is harder than when I decided on my first DLR brand! lol

We see this sometimes. Some item that has a place is eliminated because it doesn't sell in the volume required by its manufacturer. It them re-emerges in another version or by another company that is more compatible with low volume sales. Film products area great example as film had to reinvent itself as a low volume sales product.

It looks way better than the MINT instant TLR.
Rolleiflex:
diagram-536x800.jpg

Mint:
tl70_pic.png

They look the same to me. Here's the Mint website if you want to compare specs.

MiNT Camera: Timeless instruments for capturing memories

This may be just a licensing deal - like the Impossible Project making a licensing deal with Polaroid so that they can use the Polaroid name on their existing film.

I can't justify spending that much on a camera that makes such small photos. The Fuji Instax Square SQ10 camera costs less and makes larger photos.

Fuji's Instax square film is relatively new, but Lomo already has a camera out that uses it. Lomo's camera is less digital in both looks and operation than Fuji's offering.

Lomo'Instant Square Glass

I imagine there will be other interesting instant cameras using Fuji's square film coming out as well.

Back