Fuji Roki 12 2.0 and Godox

Name
Tim Williams
Ok. Vacation is here and I'm about to pull the trigger on the Roki 12mm 2.0 and the Godox 685 with wireless trigger. Happy to get this and get back to shooting. Been idle too long. I have other flash systems but none dedicated to Fuji.

I'm very interested to hear how you get on with the Godox Tim, I'm in the market for a decent TTL flash and the Godox looks good (plus I like the look of their off-camera capabilities too).

I've been yammering about that Rokinon 12 more or less since I bought it 3 (?) years ago. I like it more and more as time passes. Easily the second most used lens for me these days, possibly #1.

There was no TTL option for Fuji when I got my 2 flash + controller setup from Yonguo, but I've really enjoyed using it when I get a chance.

Ok , finally got to try out the Godox 685. Didn't have to update firmware but haven't got a full grasp on it yet. It goes flash and light up things. Haven't gotten out with it to give it a full run. Going to have more time this week end I hope. Hope your doing better with yours Andy.

Mine arrived this afternoon. Struggled for the first hour or so and then realised that I needed to upgrade the X-T1 firmware.

Used it for some pictures at Sea Cadets this evening and it seemed to do okay. Still need to work out how to get it to hold onto the settings that I've entered, but the flash definitely seems to be doing its main job

Auto zoom wasn't working for me - the flash locked to 12mm. Turns out it was the diffuser panel wasn't pushed fully home, so it was defaulted to widest setting.

I think I see how to get it to remember my settings - just need to figure out the X-T1 parts of the puzzle now.

I have ordered an X1T flash trigger and will try that out next (should arrive tomorrow).

Looking forward to trying this off camera, and possibly adding another couple (maybe another 685 and a 350, or two 350s). In the meantime, I have to make do with on camera...

XT1A5746-Edit.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

First test with it off camera - using manual (1/128)
XT1A5765.jpg

Changed to TTL:
XT1A5769.jpg

I'm quite excited about being able to use it for controlling multiple off camera flashes in manual mode, but definitely interested in working out how TTL will work off camera.

Back