Rock Gig with X-T1 & 55-200

Petach

Hall of Famer
Name
Peter Tachauer
Invited again to shoot "Hate Vessel" at a local venue. 3 other bands were on before them. This is "Rolled up Sleeves" shot with a X-T1 with 55 - 200. I went high ISO rather than use flash. The noise/grain on some PC's appear heavier than it does on my mac.

25015490590_4a4c67850b_b.jpg
Rolled Up Sleeves - Rayleigh Mill
by Pete Tachauer, on Flickr

25284849996_8d0445a379_b.jpg

25284845926_1cb070e130_b.jpg

25284847946_ac4aabc4d6_b.jpg

24684320053_898f690e00_b.jpg

Even in that first one with the noise and grain off the charts.....it's still not too much (for the subject matter). Great captures, Pete.
Thanks Luke, wasn't sure if too much grain/noise

Very cool. Did you have access to any of the fast primes? Wondering about the gear decision process.
Hi Kyle. I took nearly 800 shots using what you see here, along with the 35mm f/1.4, the X100T and the Ricoh GR thrown in for good measure. I chose these to show as the close ups looked more dynamic to me than the wider angled ones. The zoom also has anti shake which is important to me due to my PD tremor. The others? I had some difficulty holding still.

Love it. You captured the intensity well.
thanks, much appreciated.

Very interesting. I shot a fundraising ceremony indoors at night once, and for part of the time I tried to use the 18-55. The variable max aperture is what eventually frustrated me into using primes. I tend to max out the ap, bring the shutter down to the minimum I think I can get away with, and deal with whatever ISO that sticks me out. Every time I zoomed in, I lost a stop of light. :)

Back