Ricoh Ricoh GRD III - Nice

Duane Pandorf

Top Veteran
Had a quick layover in Nice, France on Saturday and got in a long walk on Sunday morning before heading back to the states. The sky was overcast and the light was not great. I've been to Nice before but as always a short stay. So I took a quick walk to the beach and then some back streets. I've included a couple shots here and a bunch more via my Flickr account that I've linked to my my Sig.

6186777768_b4799cf934_z.jpg

While walking to the beach.

6186766770_de27fb7888_z.jpg

6186770946_670458da6a_z.jpg

Once I got off the beaten path I found some photo opportunities. The shops were opening and people were out for their Sunday morning coffee and paper.

6186767650_68e245dc08_z.jpg

One could even get their hair done on a Sunday morning!

6186105869_965111414b_z.jpg

This last shot was seriously cropped as I missed her initially heading up the alley. So I used some liberty in Nik HDR Efex Pro to try and convey the mood I felt while observing her heading home from her morning shopping with her little buddy.
More can be found via my Flickr account.

Good stuff Duane. #2 is really Nice...
Oh my, what a pun.
I thought you would have used the GXR 28.
Don

Well Don you would think so and I should be carrying my GXR 28 but ..... I may need some more time in figuring a way out of the dog house so to speak. I will just leave it at that.

However, I would like to share one last one from my short excursion to Nice:

6186622861_c4a7c16240_b.jpg

Well Don you would think so and I should be carrying my GXR 28 but ..... I may need some more time in figuring a way out of the dog house so to speak. I will just leave it at that.

However, I would like to share one last one from my short excursion to Nice:

6186622861_c4a7c16240_b.jpg

Understood.....completely......!

Dorf, I like this new and different color processing in that last one, though all are very nice. I wish there was an Epicerie Centrale down the street from me, and would be more than happy to read my paper and sip my cafe au lait on those streets.

Thanks Andy and BB. I had the opportunity to live in Portugal for a couple years a few years ago and miss the centrally located grocery and eateries. Communities there are formed around these small enclaves surrounded by the masses. But it doesn't seem so busy as compared to being in and around our big cities. Much more quaint if the that's the right word.

But there is nothing like a good cup of espresso first thing in the morning! As they called it in Lisboa: um bica

I don't think I've ever had a bad cup of coffee or espresso while in Europe, especially southern Europe.

However, as I sit here in my exquisite Holiday Inn Express room, the coffee, well lets just not go there.

Yes, let's not go to that Holiday Inn Express coffee - I've had it...with about 6 "creamers" to help it go down.

Never been to Portugal but hope to one day. We have great pals from Lisbon...and the Azores and they are always telling us how much better it is there.:D

Back