Returning After a "Serious Compact" Hiatus

Hey Folks.
Been shooting most of the last year with a couple of Canon 5Ds. Loving the resolution but still missed a serious compact. Took the plunge and got a an X-20 yesterday and as really enjoying the the small camera experience once again.
. . . David

Attachments

• Fuji X-20.JPG
    Fuji X-20.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 359
Hey Luke, - Yup, 'got muscles now where I didn't know I had them. :) If it wasn't for a couple of inexpensive but great Cosmos straps from Amazon I think the 5Ds might have stayed in the bag a lot. However, frightening resolution from them, especially the Mark II version.
Some of the minor improvements over the X-10 are interesting with the X-20. 'Having fun with it "grab-shoting" this and that around home now. 'Nice to be back here too.
. . . David

Attachments

• Froggy - Snapseed (1 of 1).jpg
    Froggy - Snapseed (1 of 1).jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 294
Hi Biro,
Thanks. I'll be playing around with it today and maybe a bit tomorrow too. I really loved the X-10 but sold it to KEH and almost immediately missed it.
The full-size sensor experience is staggering but so is shooting with a well designed compact like the Fuji X-series. I think both can live together pretty darn well.
Hey, have a nice Sunday and again thanks for the welcome back.
. . . David

Welcome back Dave.
Any temptation from the X20's bigger cousins - either XPro or XE? Fuji's IL-X series gave cause to a Canon stalwart, Zack Arias, to break his bond with dSLRs ;)

Hey Guys,
Thanks! Having some fun with X-20 and great to be back. "Took this of my wife a couple of moments ago as the sun set up here in northern Vermont. Shot on "faux-DOF" compression with -2/3EV and right from the camera except for sizing down the file in LR for posting. As I said, havin' fun.
. . . David

Attachments

• Sunset (1 of 1).jpg
    Sunset (1 of 1).jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 168
Welcome back Dave.
Any temptation from the X20's bigger cousins - either XPro or XE? Fuji's IL-X series gave cause to a Canon stalwart, Zack Arias, to break his bond with dSLRs ;)
'Not really. At least at this moment. ;) The X-M1 got my attention but with no OVF, aside from a matched up Voigtlander optical finder, I'm set for the moment. Although those little finders sure do look nice. I suppose a major GAS attack could happen.
. . . Burkey

I have no doubt that you are, David. Just so you know, I haven't been very active here or on our sister site - FujiXspot.com - Fuji X Series News, Rumors, and Discussion Forums., because we finally moved in May...and we're still working on our place. Can't even remember if you knew we were doing this - up to Kent, CT. It's beautiful...but my Fujis have been rather idle and I've pretty much only been using my iPhone4 of late. This too shall pass and I'll be back into "real" photography and become more involved here and on the xspot.

You've been missed!

I have no doubt that you are, David. Just so you know, I haven't been very active here or on our sister site - FujiXspot.com - Fuji X Series News, Rumors, and Discussion Forums., because we finally moved in May...and we're still working on our place. Can't even remember if you knew we were doing this - up to Kent, CT. It's beautiful...but my Fujis have been rather idle and I've pretty much only been using my iPhone4 of late. This too shall pass and I'll be back into "real" photography and become more involved here and on the xspot.

You've been missed!

Oops, didn't see your second post, BB. Sorry. 'Glad to hear your move went well. "Stuff" can certainly disrupt our abilities to be able to do what is often so personally important to us. I'm sure you'll be back chasing images soon.
Thanks again for the welcome back.
...David

Back