RESULT ----45th SC Challenge - Happiness Is................?

Happiness is an old fashioned carousel
DSC_5286-XL.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Following the same theme here :) ... I guess *family* plays a big part in happiness.
This is an especially 'happy' shot for me as it shows our littlest one shaking her head 'NO' - while allowing me to capture the the expression on her face.

View attachment 130328No! by muzpix, on Flickr

The joy of children, whether as a parent, grand parent or aunt/uncle. Who could resist? The first time they learn something and then cannot stop doing it....like shaking their head or saying no! Watching them grow in front of your eyes and see them soaking up information and using it is a wonder to behold. Super intimate family shot.

These two seem happy enough so I thought I'd enter this pic.

View attachment 130331Untitled by Otim, on Flickr

Best friends? What are they for? They can keep your feet on the ground, listen to you, advise you, humour you.....chastise you. Friendships can outlast many marriages. You can say anything you want to a friend. You can laugh with them even when things are not going well. A friend is a support at all times day or night. Lovely light and shade shot as they emerge from the shadows .....laughing at a private joke.....or laughing at you taking their picture?

Best friends? What are they for? They can keep your feet on the ground, listen to you, advise you, humour you.....chastise you. Friendships can outlast many marriages. You can say anything you want to a friend. You can laugh with them even when things are not going well. A friend is a support at all times day or night. Lovely light and shade shot as they emerge from the shadows .....laughing at a private joke.....or laughing at you taking their picture?
Yes, definitely friends alright. They were laughing and talking between themselves for at least 30 yards prior to that snap. Not sure they noticed me - what the picture doesn't tell you is that it was actually very crowded. Also it was Friday around 5.30pm, so everyone's happy its the weekend.

Happiness is an old fashioned carousel
View attachment 130333

Happiness is......ANALOGUE! Doesn't have to be hi tech for the youngsters. Imagination will do. Is the happy child on the plains, in a race with other horses, or just cantering along country lanes. He decides.....and can change his mind any time he likes. It's like Motown at a wedding party. After Ed Sheeran, Stormzy and Big Shaq have been played to placate the youngsters.......put the Motown on and everyone is on the dance floor boogying away!

Last edited:
Happiness is early morning sunlight at the top of the worldView attachment 130334

The golden backlighting in their hair mirrors a golden moment. Happy in each others company, the warmth (spiritual warmth) from the closeness. Health and happiness and quality of friendship shine through here. Just add pulse in their arteries, breath in their lungs.......and all set to go!

Didn't realise until just now how quickly those weeks have flown by. Tomorrow is the deadline! Midnight my time. C'mon, room for more! Add to an already excellent showing of works.

OK, salon is closed. I will cogitate and post result in the next day or so.

Thanks for entering folks, a hard decision to make here as there are some really strong heart string pullers.

Boy, is this one hard!!! There is a cigarette paper between some of them. I like beer.....I like babies......I like to propose a toast to a baby with a beer. All of the shots are happy, happy, happy! I like the return youngsters give when you give them all your attention....their response is infectious. People out with friends having fun.......the day seeming too short....wanting it to go on and on.

However, one has to win and it is Christilou. The beautifully crafted shot, the tones, the misty creamy effect and of course the OOF mother and the little babe. Keeps me coming back again and again.

I had that beer whilst I was looking, so I enjoyed that too.

Honestly, really hard to choose. I gave my response to each shot as they were posted so I won't go into the ins and outs again. Suffice to say I enjoyed them all and it was a challenge to choose.

So, congrats to Christilou!

Back