Fuji Renting an XPro 1 this weekend with the 35

wt21

Hall of Famer
I am going to rent an XPro 1 this weekend with the 35 to try it out.

Any key settings to consider?

One problem is that I want to try shooting wide open outside, so I need an ND filter, but I don't have any 52mm ND filters. I have a step-up ring from 52 t 58 and 58mm filters, but then the hood won't fit. Drat.

Can you attached the hood AND a 52mm filter on the 35/1.4 at the same time?

Anyone have any experience with NEX (say using an M-mount 35/1.4) and XPro 1 35, and could compare the experience (outside of the AF issues). I guess, though, it would come down to what M-mount lens...

Thanks for any settings help!

Not sure about attaching the filter and then the hood. Will confirm when I get home but think it's unlikely given lens hood mounts via a dedicated mount rather than via the filter thread

With regards to settings, key is to set auto compensation dial to -.3 or even -.5 EV since meter tends to over-expose slightly. Like many others I find shooting with dynamic range set to normal or lowest setting and film setting to standard works well for my taste. Watch out for subjects with highly saturated reds ( flowers etc) as detail tends together blown out (though easily recovered in post). Have fun. It's a great camera to shoot with.

Just confirmed that you may be able to use a 52mm after you attach the lens hood, but it looks like it will be a tight fit. You may have a hard time screwing in the filter to the lens thread because there is very little clearance between the filter and the hood. Don't know for sure since i do not have a 52mm filter.

Back