Fuji Red Faces

Dave Jenkins

Regular
The Beautiful Northwest Georgia Mountains
Name
Dave Jenkins
A few weeks ago I photographed my first wedding with Fuji equipment, after using Canon for 24 years. Both the X-Pro 1 and the X-T20 gave me sharp, detailed files that mostly look better than the ones I was getting from my Canon 6D. The X-Pro RAF files were converted in Capture One, and the X-T20 files in Silkypix. I've been making final adjustments today in Photoshop.

One thing that struck me as I looked through the files is that some of the men's faces seem very red. Is this a known problem with Fuji files?

A few weeks ago I photographed my first wedding with Fuji equipment, after using Canon for 24 years. Both the X-Pro 1 and the X-T20 gave me sharp, detailed files that mostly look better than the ones I was getting from my Canon 6D. The X-Pro RAF files were converted in Capture One, and the X-T20 files in Silkypix. I've been making final adjustments today in Photoshop.

One thing that struck me as I looked through the files is that some of the men's faces seem very red. Is this a known problem with Fuji files?

Not that I'm aware of Dave, and I've been shooting Fuji X series for a few years now. Perhaps the men had all imbibed rather too much! Seriously, are the ladies faces not similarly affected? Are you able to post some examples?

Actually, blown out/exaggerated reds is a known Canon characteristic. It's never been an issue on the Fuji sensors. Nikon sensors are known to blow out blues.

Back