Fuji Raynox DCR-2025PRO x 2 Tele Converter

BillN

Hall of Famer
Name
Bill
Has anyone used the Raynox DCR-2025PRO x 2 Telecoverter on their "Bridge Camera" - either the Fuji HS20EXR or the Panasonic FZ cameras?

it can extend the zoom possibilities to 1300mm and 1800mm, (Fuji), with no loss of f value.

Obviously not up to the pro standards - but the Teleconverter is under £200 and the Camera not much more

This guys recommends it

here

Raynox 2.2X Tele-converter

Bill...

In response to my earlier post... The Raynox lens was good for purpose when it was bought, and fitted well onto my Leica V-lux 1 (Lumix FZ50) with its 12x optical zoom. The image below was taken using my V-lux 1, bright sunlight, Raynox converter, Hide clamp, remote release, so with everything in place for an optimum shot... The thumbnail looks quite nice, but anything of a printable size, you notice how 'soft' the image really is.

kf1.jpg

View attachment 47861

It gave quite a good image results for the lower range zooms (Leica D-lux 3 with extension/connector tube), but I found that if the light levels were anything other than 'bright' the image noticeably softened (it has to be operated at FULL zoom on all cameras to eradicate any vignetting). It is now a redundant piece of kit and sits on a shelf totally unused.

This is simply because of the advent of Super-zooms. You can buy (as I have now) a Canon SX30 IS, for under £300. this has a stated optical zoom of 35x, and although it was tempting to add the Raynox to that, you can see by the image below that the results are not worth the trouble... although it looks quite clear as a thumbnail , upon closer inspection, it is really soft (and this was the best of the bunch).

P1010549.JPG

IMG_0899.JPG

View attachment 47862

I notice in the guys review... that he must have been quite close already to have got the quality he did, with optimum light conditions, however some of his images seem to be REALLY clear.... mmmmmmm.... can't say that I ever got that quality of feathering on the birds when using the Raynox and high end zooms...

Unlike the images straight from the Canon itself at full zoom...

View attachment 47863

Hope this helps...

Attachments

• IMG_0217.jpg
    IMG_0217.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 1,916
Raynox lens

Hi Mal,
Just came across your note below by accident and I was wondering whether you've still got the Raynox lens discussed below. If so would you be interested in selling it?
Thanks.

Bill...

In response to my earlier post... The Raynox lens was good for purpose when it was bought, and fitted well onto my Leica V-lux 1 (Lumix FZ50) with its 12x optical zoom. The image below was taken using my V-lux 1, bright sunlight, Raynox converter, Hide clamp, remote release, so with everything in place for an optimum shot... The thumbnail looks quite nice, but anything of a printable size, you notice how 'soft' the image really is.

View attachment 2432

View attachment 100474

It gave quite a good image results for the lower range zooms (Leica D-lux 3 with extension/connector tube), but I found that if the light levels were anything other than 'bright' the image noticeably softened (it has to be operated at FULL zoom on all cameras to eradicate any vignetting). It is now a redundant piece of kit and sits on a shelf totally unused.

This is simply because of the advent of Super-zooms. You can buy (as I have now) a Canon SX30 IS, for under £300. this has a stated optical zoom of 35x, and although it was tempting to add the Raynox to that, you can see by the image below that the results are not worth the trouble... although it looks quite clear as a thumbnail , upon closer inspection, it is really soft (and this was the best of the bunch).

View attachment 2430

View attachment 2429

View attachment 100475

I notice in the guys review... that he must have been quite close already to have got the quality he did, with optimum light conditions, however some of his images seem to be REALLY clear.... mmmmmmm.... can't say that I ever got that quality of feathering on the birds when using the Raynox and high end zooms...

Unlike the images straight from the Canon itself at full zoom...

View attachment 100476

Hope this helps...

Back