Leica Q vs M with 28mm 2.8

Hi Carl.....I have one for the Vario that I don't use....but was wondering if performance possibly different on the M240 since it is not a RF etc. I guess that means I could negotiate a better price on the 240 if seller wished, but these VF's are not really worth a lot.

Want to sell your EVF? I just bought a used X-E to take to England.

Carl....that's a beautiful shot of the camera/EVF combo and a nice wrist strap. You are top drawer.

Still pondering that marsh shot with the Coolpix A. there's one available on other forum for 275 with 200 shots on it. I missed the one sold with the OVF....a shame. Do you have the OVF with yours?

I have one that's 21mm/28mm from Ricoh that's nice, mostly that goes with the m9 for the 21MM SEM though.

I think there's a flatter (or smaller) 28mm available, I'd look for that.

I've gotten to just slipping the Coolpix in my shirt pocket, foregoing the OVF. Not my preferred way of shooting, but can't beat the portability for an APS-C camera (besides the Ricoh GR).

You might end up doing just that, so just get the camera first and see how you get along with it.

I have one that's 21mm/28mm from Ricoh that's nice, mostly that goes with the m9 for the 21MM SEM though.

I think there's a flatter (or smaller) 28mm available, I'd look for that.

I've gotten to just slipping the Coolpix in my shirt pocket, foregoing the OVF. Not my preferred way of shooting, but can't beat the portability for an APS-C camera (besides the Ricoh GR).

You might end up doing just that, so just get the camera first and see how you get along with it.

You do thing differently, shoot first ask questions later. I agonize and research, procrastinate, start over. It doesn't save money....but some housekeeping(don't have to keep a camera revolving door). Right now, I have two pocketable digital cameras , an RX100 Stellar (actually Hasselblad did a fairly nice job for way too much dough, and a Oly TG4. I guess I could stuff my pockets with cameras...... Anyway, I'd want to justify having an apsc pocket camera without zoom, when I have a very capable 1 inch sensor zoom, and a completely submersible zoom with macro and raw shooting. However, for a couple hundred dollars......well this isn't the website forum to complain about a few hundred bucks. For what it would cost to by and M10 I could be 30-40 of these Coolpix cams and give out to my friends:)

All of these cameras are more than enough to make great images, unless you have specific needs for what you want to shoot. Go with what you bond with and shoot the heck out of it.

Do I need Leicas to make better photos? No. But I really like how Leica cameras operate, and how they focus on making the essential clear, and how they get rid of the confusing fluff. :^)

For me it really is a search for what I bond with. No sign of letting go of:

The Olympus E1 with PL 14-150mm - A beautiful pair that works so well, and take gorgeous images. Can't beat it for sunrise or sunset colors. 6MP? Yes, and each of its CCD pixels helps make lovely images.

The Olympus Pen-F with Panny 12-32mm - Most capable, most compact pair I've ever shot. Sharp, versatile.

The Olympus Stylus 1s, Effective 28-300mm range: Superb shooting experience and images from a relatively tiny package. Take anywhere.

The Coolpix A - Can't get an APS-C camera any smaller. Superb lens, great sunstars, point and shoot simplicity (except that I keep it in aperture-priority).

The X Vario - That lens mated with that sensor. Unless you need something low-light or a bokeh monster, really versatile. True Leica operation and image quality.

M9 or M240 - I bond so well with both, and the compact full-frame glass that they shoot so well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lets see....X Vario ....check I use it and shoot jpegs and happy with that. Probably missing stuff.
Olympus....TG4....check
Pen F........no check but fabulous. Hard to find used at reasonable price. Then, have to buy the lens, of course.

Stylus 1s...no check. Have heard that is good...also hard to find used.

M240....within my grasp and in fact it should receive top priority given I have M and LTM glass.

Andrew.
Many of the Olympus versions available.......save your time and money. Enjoy trip and new camera. I guess the MD not going.

M-D (with 35 FLE and 50 Noct) is definitely going. X-E is to live in a pocket, pass around to strangers and my wife so that I can be in a few pictures, and any time I don't want to carry the real camera.

Back