Fuji Problem for the next X100 iteration.

Troy, it's COMPOSITION on a screen that I hate, second only to the distraction of it as I raise my camera to my eye. I'm happy to have one for on-the-go review, and I tend to use my Fujis in OVF mode anyway. My original Olympus 4/3 DSLR (THE original Olympus DSLR) had a screen you could rotate through 180 degrees, as did my Epson EP-1.

for over a hundred years people made photographs without the need to "review" them immediately after shooting. And I think people probably got better photos because they TRIED harder.

We are getting lazy and it shows.

Death to the rear LCD.

I need to start a cult.

Are you guys (who hate the LCD) not running in EVF+Sensor mode?! Because that mode means I do NOT see anything on the LCD until I review pics or use the menu, and even then it's an option.

Would that I could so easily be rid of all my dislikes in life.

Reading all the 'remove the rear screen' comments made me think back to film cameras, where the rear would be the place to load film. Which made me think that an X100 with integrated Instax (wide) printer would be really cool, although it'd probably get pretty thick in the process...

Maybe something larger, like an x100 / gfx mash-up with the large sensor, but a small fast fixed lens and hybrid viewfinder, would accomodate a built-in instax printer more easily...

for over a hundred years people made photographs without the need to "review" them immediately after shooting. And I think people probably got better photos because they TRIED harder.

Death to the rear LCD.

I need to start a cult.

My K200D has the rear LCD but no live view and the resolution is very low. I almost never use it.

Death to the rear LCD.

I need to start a cult.
Just get a flip screen and flip it in. :D I used to do that on the F and EM5 II to protect the screen and it often stayed that way all day.

Last edited:
Since nobody really brings this I guess I have to. (Please don't shoot)

While the X100 form factor is perfect, I'd like to see some minor overhaul with the lens ergonomics. I wouldn't actually mind it protruding half an inch more off the body if the lens gained a snap ring like the Olympus 17mm f/1.8 does. (Or the Fujinon 23/1.4 for that matter.) The beauty with the Olympus lens is that it accommodates two different modes of manual focus. When you snap the ring in manual mode, you get hard stops and distance scales. The throw is also very short and the focus range is slightly limited from its full range, truly excellent for street work with larger apertures. And not only that, you gain a "snap focus" type of feature: the lens instantly goes to the distance you last focused it to when you snap the ring.

But yeah, this is manual mode #1. The mode #2 is like we currently shoot MF with with the X100 series. In this second mode we have the usual stuff: possibility to use back button focusing whenever we feel like it, longer throw for precision work and the works.

I think they should keep the "X100" naming if they don't upgrade the lens and if they do, name it "X200".

And sure enough, weather sealing would be nice.

Back