please use BB code instead of HTML code

Please, if you are linking to flickr images, use BBCode and NOT HTML for displaying your photographs. There have often been issues regarding the display and now, with the new theme for smaller displays, the same issue is cropping up. HTML displayed images end up squared and disproportionate, and look awful. Its no great difficulty to use BBCode instead, its right there as an option next to HTML, as a first choice (and its the default, too)

Take pity, please, on those of us who don't want to change themes just to see your images in proper proportion.

HTML

PHP:
[attach=full]65839[/attach]

BB

PHP:
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nicprins/8499622144/][ATTACH=full]65839[/ATTACH][/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nicprins/8499622144/]C350D-IMG_9332-PR Canon EOS 350D Halong Bay Vietnam[/url] by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/nicprins/]Nic (Luckypenguin)[/url], on Flickr

The first line of the BB code is the only part that actually displays the image. The rest is a bunch of links that flickr automatically adds to link back to the image or the photographer's photostream. The image is a clickable link anyway so the second part of the code isn't really necessary.

The only part that is used to display the image itself is this bit:

PHP:
[ATTACH=full]65839[/ATTACH]

which gives this (image only, no link):

8499622144_785655b5b6_c.jpg

The full flickr BB code gives this:

8499622144_785655b5b6_c.jpg

C350D-IMG_9332-PR Canon EOS 350D Halong Bay Vietnam by Nic (Luckypenguin), on Flickr

Sorry somehow I am not seeing the bob code values in the same way I c the HTML ones. It is probably because I use ForumRunner app on my iPad. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think bb code for an image would be left bracket symbol ([)IMG] xxxx [/IMG]"?

Gary

Doesn't anyone use computers these days? :D

But yes, that's correct. Of course the link inside the IMG brackets has to be to the actual image file location, not the page that the image displays on.

Lol, I use computers all the time in my profession... An iPad is just a specialized computer. iOS is nothing more than a very specialized version of the normal Mac operating system very specifically tailored for the hand held environment. Just as the Mac OS is nothing more then a specialized GUI over unix os :D.

Thanks

Peace
Gary

8492003532_9a866d699c_b.png

Yum, Pizza! by kyte50, on Flickr

Copied from Flickr on my iPad. The app you use to access forums has nothing at all to do eith the link you get from Flickr. Or it should not. The share link on Flickr has many options, of which HTML and BBCode are choices you make by radio button. It doesn't matter if you don't know the code, you just have to choose it --> select all --> copy, then paste into your post. Done and dusted

View attachment 5387

And thats what it looks like on flickr.

View attachment 65873
Yum, Pizza! by kyte50, on Flickr

Copied from Flickr on my iPad. The app you use to access forums has nothing at all to do eith the link you get from Flickr. Or it should not. The share link on Flickr has many options, of which HTML and BBCode are choices you make by radio button. It doesn't matter if you don't know the code, you just have to choose it --> select all --> copy, then paste into your post. Done and dusted

View attachment 5387

And thats what it looks like on flickr.

OMG now I am hungry.. amazing looking pizza!

I'm bumping this one up to the top again to remind people to use BB code instead of HTML code. It keeps and displays aspect ratio correctly on more platforms.

thanks, good to know this!
I didn't know it made any difference (can't remember when/why I switched it, but once you switch it to HTML it stays that way. I doesn't default back and I didn't really pay attention to this before.)

Thanks Tilman. On the laptop I use most of the time....it doesn't matter what code is used.....they all display nice. On my work computer, it's a wreck. everything is like a funhouse mirror...and I know people who use other devices struggle with the presentation as well. Hopefully by me re-naming this thread and bumping it to the top it should cut down on it (for awhile)

Back