Fuji Playing with EXR on an inside day

Technically, I suppose these older EXR cameras are outdated. In a practical sense, I'm not so sure. I'm repeatedly surprised by the results I can get at ISO 3200 with my X10 and XF1 - even at full resolution in low light.

Technically, I suppose these older EXR cameras are outdated. In a practical sense, I'm not so sure. I'm repeatedly surprised by the results I can get at ISO 3200 with my X10 and XF1 - even at full resolution in low light.

I should try ISO 3200, that would be fun to play with as well. I've always thought that camera models "improvements" are sometimes not nearly as dramatic as the manufacturers would have you to think. I have an older NEX, an E-M10 and the X10 and I don't see any one of them as necessarily better than the others, they're just different (each has their strengths and weaknesses) whether or not that's important is up to the individual I suppose. Sometimes the reason I choose to grab one over another is simply because it was closer. It used to be important to me and I was forever in pursuit of the "perfect" camera. I gave that up and I'm much happier. I still slip into it some days but overall I try to just make images. It feels better than obsessing over other stuff.

I will say I really like using the Fuji. It's got a nice feel.

Back