Fuji Piper at the gates

Mike G

All-Pro
Name
Mike Gorman
This piper entertained those booking in for their flights at Heathrow Terminal 5.
X-H1 + 35mm 1.4 @ 1/50 f5.6 ISO400

39C13DEA-1E08-4A38-90BA-8DD3645CBB77.jpeg

And he was very good!

Yes you are right, but not that adventurous just a few days cruising the Rhine from Amsterdam to Cologne. Sadly photographic inspiration was hard to come by, as temps in the 30s, almost too hot for me to bear! :blush:

Yes you are right, but not that adventurous just a few days cruising the Rhine from Amsterdam to Cologne. Sadly photographic inspiration was hard to come by, as temps in the 30s, almost too hot for me to bear! :blush:

Sorry to hear of the lack of inspiration. Hope you had a good time, though.

I don't mind bagpipes in their place - which is in the open air, leading a parade and played by people who know what they are doing.

However, I once stayed in a hotel in Glasgow which was part of a school for people learning to play the pipes. It was the only room available and it was convenient to my place of work. But the noise in the morning was insufferable and started before I was out of bed. I didn't stay there for a second night.

-R

Reminds me of the mother in law going on about her camping trip in Scotland and how just before 7am with everyone in their tents, up would come this bloke happily greeting everyone with his ear piercing bagpipes. Ah yes, I'd have really loved that!

Back