1. Welcome to Cameraderie.org—a friendly camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Pileated Woodpeckers

Discussion in 'Fuji' started by Dave Jenkins, Jan 1, 2018.

1. I make no pretense to being a bird photographer, but my wife and I are honored that a pair of pileated woodpeckers have taken up residence in the woods just outside our kitchen window. My longest lens is the 50-230, which isn't nearly long enough, so this image is severely cropped. The camera is the X-T20, and the photo was actually made through the glass of our kitchen window. Pileated Woodpecker Pair 800px. Pileated Woodpecker Pair Crop 800px.

• Like Like x 9
  2. Dean Smith

Dean Smith Regular

Nov 3, 2016
    Nicely done. I lived on the edge of the Big Thicket and saw them a few times, but never got to photograph them.

3. tonyturley

tonyturley Hall of Famer

Nov 24, 2014
    Scott Depot, WV, USA
    Tony
    Nice capture. I've never been able to photograph one, either. Nothing wrong with grabbing pics of birds through the window; I do it all the time. :D 

4. I had not seen our pileated woodpeckers since I posted the above pictures on January 1st, but saw them again today. They were too far down in the woods to make a usable photo, but I was glad to see they are still with us.

5. mikEm13

mikEm13 Veteran

Feb 7, 2017
    Ive never seen one before. Thanks Dave for posting a great picture of them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.