Picture A7M2 with Canon 17-40L Glass

Discussion in 'Sony' started by Petach, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Petach

Petach Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2011
    UK, Essex
    Peter Tachauer
    Looks a bit unwieldy, but actually suits me for balance. I can tuck my left elbow into my hip, grasp the belly of the lens in my left hand and I use back focus setup which also helps to grip.

Auto-Focus seems as fast as on a Canon. Manual focus works well and the peaking is very clear.

39608923212_8aa597e422_c.jpg Sony A7M2 with Canon 17-40L on Sigma MC11 by Pete Tachauer, on Flickr

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. bartjeej

bartjeej Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Nov 12, 2010
    bart
    I think Sony did themselves a big favour by making it work so well with Canon glass. I can imagine a bit of heft can come in handy in certain situations.

3. Petach

Petach Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2011
    UK, Essex
    Peter Tachauer
    Hi Bart
    Sigma made the adapter for its Contemporary Range of Canon EF fit lenses to work with Sony, to widen its customer base. Did a good job.
    Cheers
    Pete

4. Casey

Casey Veteran

Mar 31, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Casey
    Looking good. I run a different adaptor but mine looks about the same at the moment.

5. Casey

Casey Veteran

Mar 31, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Casey
    Depending on how much you like the adapted setup, the cheap Canon 50mm STM runs great on my A7II as well. Took it out to a lantern parade and shot wide open up to 12800 with the shots being pretty amazing for the ISO.

6. Petach

Petach Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2011
    UK, Essex
    Peter Tachauer
    Hi Casey, thanks. It is on my list.