Critique Wanted Photography Mishaps

Blimey I remember when it was all fields round there ... well, at least, I remember when there was a scrappy little roundabout just over the bridge on the Kingston side

Amazing, how such a "failure to function" correctly, can produce an image that has the power to hold the attention, so completely.

this is part of an entire roll of 120 all overlapped like this. I haven't the heart to cut them into strips, so they sit on my windowsill in rolled in a page of negative sleeving

_GAB0432-L.jpg

Here's a recent one with my X100S. I was walking and setting my exposure but still tried to catch this group of teenagers headed down to the beach. Despite being OOF, I liked the photo enough to call it a keeper.

8909411939_cfb735143c_c.jpg

DSCF3002 by ericarthur, on Flickr

This one was with my 5DII and not a serious compact so I'm just adding it for fun and not for consideration - Underexposed, not in focus, colour balance is off and its one of my favourite photos that I've taken of my wife because it probably captures her personality better than any posed photo of her I've taken.

5521371967_1395afc3d5_z.jpg

IMG_0314 by ericarthur, on Flickr

After some consideration, of why, I do like it, I have decided that my favorite is this country road, leading to.....

My choice says as much about me, as it does about the picture. Reminds me of my country boy history. Wouldn't be surprised to see a team of mules and steel wheeled wagon, come over the hill.
There were a couple more, that were strong contenders, but me being who I am, I chose this one.

I think it might be interesting to hear from others, as to choice and why. Might be an educational exercise in "SEEING", or self introspection.

Thanks so much for taking the time to add to this thread. Very enjoyable.

here ya go then Steve ...

I really like Don's concert photo....with the hand in the air it reminds me of why I hate to go see live music. People singing or blocking my view or spilling their drinks on me. Grandpa likes to sit at home and enjoy his records.....leave those loud concerts to the meddling kids.

I really like Don's concert photo....with the hand in the air it reminds me of why I hate to go see live music. People singing or blocking my view or spilling their drinks on me. Grandpa likes to sit at home and enjoy his records.....leave those loud concerts to the meddling kids.

Um, they also always sing yer fav song different, n ruin it! Lol

Thanks Luke. I have been to some show where the crowd was very annoying. Yelling out song names and talking during performances. Yet, some bands you can't fully appreciate unless you see them live.

Behind Bars

I saw this beautiful parrot in Madeira but it was behind bars. Whatever I tried, I couldn't get a good shot of it. I thought to give it a try anyway and I like the result despite the blur because of the bars.

View attachment 70954

(Sorry, not taken with compact)

Back