Photo Critique Forum

olli

Super Moderator Emeritus
Name
olli
In our ongoing efforts to ensure that SC retains its status as the best photography related forum in the known universe (and beyond) we are considering establishing a forum specifically for C&C.

While it is possible to request C&C within the existing photo sharing forums and sub-forums, comments can often get lost. A separate section of SC for C&C would enable those who wish to receive and to offer C&C to do so in a dedicated space.

The goal would be to enable us to learn from one another and improve our photography - critique, but constructive critique. As we consider how to move ahead with this we want to hear from you, the members of SC.

Specifically:

Do you think adding a photo critique forum is a good idea?
Would you be willing to make use of such a forum both by submitting images for C&C and by offering C&C on images submitted?
Do you have any other thoughts or suggestions or comments on the idea?

We would love to hear your views so please join the conversation.

We want to keep things civil but real at the same time.
I would ask all those doing the C&C on either side, to bear that in mind. The last thing we want to do is to make someone uncomfortable with their photography. We should all remember that we are a group of many different levels and with that being said, any C&C should be adjusted to the person's level of expertise, requesting the C&C.
We are here to encourage each other..... For me personally.... let the hammer fly cause I can handle it. So, if ya want to really let someone have it.... choose me....
Don

That seems to be an overwhelmingly positive response.

I have now posted a thread on the Philospophy of Photography sub forum about the Photo Critique Forum.

Right now the necessary adjustments to set up a dedicated forum are still underway. In the interim please post threads requesting C&C to the Philosophy of Photography sub forum and note that it is a request for C&C in the title line. As soon as the dedicated forum is ready all threads will be moved over.

It isn't, but as the sticky mentions we are using the philosophy of photography forum at the moment so that folks can post and these threads will be transferred when the dedicated forum is up and running.

Just a note to say that there is a forum now, but it's going to be "tweaked", renamed and moved later this weekend. Right now you can find it here: Comments and Criticism and you may start a new thread with your photographs, if you'd like. Amin will have time over the weekend to work some more magic and we'll make sure everything is in its proper place. Thanks for your patience!:2thumbs:

Back