Pentax Pentax image thread

Broke out the K200D + Schneider Kreuznach (aka Samsung D-XENON) 18-55. Boring old front yard shots, its been raining for a week (we needed it really badly but I was not inclined to go out even into the yard)

Tuckeroo leaves still dripping.
AC197835-50E1-4DB9-A162-151341F94293.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The last of the bougainvillea til after Winter is done.
DA7165E5-603E-4BEC-ABC4-B341D4DB0F2D.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Don't think the D-Xenon is quite as good as the Pentax DA WR

Just looking at some of the lovely Pentax images here in this thread, and remembering my late, departed K200D - which I believe had some of the best color rendition capabilities of any digital camera I have ever shot with. A number of people have written about the qualities of the older CCD sensors - on the Olympus E-1, on the Leica M-8 - and on the Pentax K10D and K200D. So, all things considered, I'm perhaps not crazy in my recollections. Plus, my old K200D was metaphorically built like a tank, and a pleasure to use...

Hmmmm....I may have to pick up another one. Just to see...

I had a K10 and later a K200 also. Both were excellent cameras, but I think the K5 that I have now is better. The build quality is just the same rugged feel and durable weather resistance as the older models, and once you get used to the raw files they can yield amazing detail.
I would love a K3 mk2 but I am very happy with my K5 :). I really don't need anything greater, or full frame, so will happily plod on with my trusty K5. It doesn't get used as much as it should as I seem to use MFT much more these days.

I had a K10 and later a K200 also. Both were excellent cameras, but I think the K5 that I have now is better. The build quality is just the same rugged feel and durable weather resistance as the older models, and once you get used to the raw files they can yield amazing detail.
I would love a K3 mk2 but I am very happy with my K5 :). I really don't need anything greater, or full frame, so will happily plod on with my trusty K5. It doesn't get used as much as it should as I seem to use MFT much more these days.
Same with me. K5 and K200 are lovely, I;ve got some great lenses, and yet, I reach for the FZ1000 or LX100 when I step out the door.

Well, I went and did it: am buying an old K200d in superb condition from a fellow Pentaxian who wasn't using it that much. I'm also hoping to pick up one of the truly stranger lens ever made - a Pentax branded fisheye zoom, the 10-17mm which at 10mm is seriously fisheyed but at 17mm is practically rectilinear. Assuming I can find a decent one, by the way.

More to come in the not-too-distant future :)

Back