Film Pentax 6x7 MLU

Qppoiz

Regular
I just received a Pentax 6x7 yesterday. It came with the 55 f3.5 and 105 f2.4. I got to try one a couple of weeks ago from a local seller, but unfortunately his son decided he wanted to keep the camera (it was mint. MINT!). Anyways, I tried some Acros 100 and loved the sharpness of the lenses.

I found this sample in good used condition and I absolutely love it!

(Banana for scale)
18937662364_550ed964dd_c.jpg

105mm f2.4 @ f2.4
HP5+, d76

19372284478_e64ef1bb22_c.jpg

19373723829_a1eeb6e72c_c.jpg

Looks amazing. How's the weight? o_O

It's actually very manageable! I'm using an Op/Tech Pro strap and carry it on my shoulder. The problem is the storage: of all the camera bags I have none will accommodate this animal plus the giant 55mm I got with the camera (100mm filter thread...).

How does the focussing work? Is there a split screen focussing screen? I'm guessing it's challenge to nail focus with 105mm wide open

How does the focussing work? Is there a split screen focussing screen? I'm guessing it's challenge to nail focus with 105mm wide open

Actually, it's very easy to focus. My camera has the microprism ring screen, no split screen. At first I thought this would be difficult because it's the same setup I have in my SRT201, which I find difficult to focus. The P67, however, is super easy to focus because the view through the finder is enormous and the actual screen does a good job at showing when focus has been reached.

Actually, it's very easy to focus. My camera has the microprism ring screen, no split screen. At first I thought this would be difficult because it's the same setup I have in my SRT201, which I find difficult to focus. The P67, however, is super easy to focus because the view through the finder is enormous and the actual screen does a good job at showing when focus has been reached.
My old Pentax 645 was a joy to focus manually mainly because of that same thing.

Here's a couple more with the 105mm f2.4. I know the one with my dog was wide open, but I'm not sure about the other one. Both on Hp5 developed in D76.

19681754794_a36f3ee5a0_c.jpg

Excuse the water marks
20116359720_b2c790d90c_c.jpg

Do you do any post processing work on your scans?

The photo with the dog came out great, but I think the first one might look better if if you bumped up the contrast and exposure in the midtones.

Do you do any post processing work on your scans?

The photo with the dog came out great, but I think the first one might look better if if you bumped up the contrast and exposure in the midtones.

Nah, I scan straight using V550 and EPSON Scan. Sometimes I correct the images, but I'm cataloging the negatives I will one day enlarge the good ol' fashion way. I do mess around with color negatives though (VueScan (RAW) -> ColorPerfect).

Ah, cool.

Unfortunately I don't have room in my tiny appartment for an enlarger or proper darkroom setup. My process is very much the new fangled way (or as much as it can be for film): Vuescan -> Lightroom -> Epson 2100 inkjet / Flickr

Hi there Qppoiz. Great images. would you recommend the v550 as a scanner?
For medium format it's great. 35mm can be difficult if the negatives are not flat. Color in general is difficult to do and requires more work than I care for.

Overall it's a great scanner.

Back