1. Welcome to Cameraderie.org—a friendly camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Peak Design Everyday Sling

Discussion in 'Fuji' started by AndyMcD, Feb 4, 2018.

1. AndyMcD

AndyMcD Veteran

Jul 15, 2017
    East Midlands, UK
    Anyone using one of these for their Fuji kit? I'm considering the 10L version. I'm worried it looks bulky, but I like the look of the dividers and the tripod straps.

Max kit I would be looking to take is either:

X-T1 (probably gripped) with 16/1.4 mounted. Samyang12/2, Fuji 35/1.4 and Fuji 50-230 plus Cokin P sized filters and holder.

X-T1 (probably gripped) with 16/1.4 mounted. Fuji 35/1.4 and Fuji 50-230 plus Godox V685 flash and roguebender soft box.

If I don't go for this one then I think I'd fall back to getting another Domke: F2, F6 or F3x (I think F5XB would be too small).

2. Bobby Tingle

Bobby Tingle Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Dec 31, 2013
    Louisville, Ky
    I had one for a couple of months. It is a great, well thought out bag. But ultimately I did not love it. For a sling bag, I love the Think Tank Turnstyle 10 for a small sling. Camera with lens attached and a second lens. Plus extra batteries, etc. For carrying more gear I love the Incase DSLR sling. Camera with lens attached, 2-3 more lenses. Or 2 lenses and second body. Plus batteries and everything needed for an event, travel, etc. The Incase also has straps for a tripod.

3. AndyMcD

AndyMcD Veteran

Jul 15, 2017
    East Midlands, UK
    Thanks @BobbyT@BobbyT - was there anything in particular you didn't like about the Peak Design?

The Incase looks interesting, but doesn't look like it is too readily available right now (here in the UK).

4. Bobby Tingle

Dec 31, 2013
    Louisville, Ky
    I never liked actually working/shooting out of it. Tje bag I use are better layed out for how I work. And it wasn't as comfortable to wear as other slings. Another big thing for my personal preference is that the peak design does not have a clasp on the strap for quick release to take off the sling. That's a much easier way to take the sling off, especially with a tripod attached.

5. AndyMcD

AndyMcD Veteran

Jul 15, 2017
    East Midlands, UK
    I bought the Everyday Sling in the end - got an open box one at a pretty good price. I reversed the strap first, to get the slide attachment to the front when having the strap on my right shoulder. So far, I am pleased with it.

• Like Like x 2
  6. AndyMcD

AndyMcD Veteran

Jul 15, 2017
    East Midlands, UK
    So, I have been using the Everyday Sling 10l for about 3 months now, so time to report back on how I find it.

Gear wise, I can fit the X-T1 with 16/1.4 or 56/1.2 in the main central compartment on top of a Godox TT350F flash in its pouch. That leaves the two end compartments - one holds the 50-230 with hood reversed. The other side will take the 35/1.4 on its side with a lens pouch on top (as a divider) with either the 16/1.4 or 56/1.2 on top with hood in shooting position.

The tablet compartment will take a bunch of P-sized filters, an SRB elite holder and the adapter rings needs for the lenses.

That leaves the front pouch free for other stuff (phone etc.) and a tripod slung from the straps underneath.

Working out of it is fairly comfortable and I find it easy to change lenses. I normally wear the sling on my LHS with the camera on a Slide Lite on my RHS - this leaves the main compartment in the sling free for dropping lenses in and out.

The one thing I have found where it is not working for me is when out cycling - I can't get it tight enough to not move around in those circumstances, and have reverted to the Kata 3n1-20 for that (which is the ultimate camera pack for cycling that I have found).

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bobby Tingle

Dec 31, 2013
    Louisville, Ky
    I have considered giving the PD sling another try. I wish they would make a smaller version of the Every Day Messenger.

8. Bobby Tingle

Dec 31, 2013
    Louisville, Ky
    So I decided to give the 5L sling a try with my now smaller kit. So far it is working great. Carrying the X-T2 with either the 23 or 50 f2 attached, a slide lite strap, then the divider folded down on top of that with the other lens going above the strap.

9. AndyMcD

AndyMcD Veteran

Jul 15, 2017
    East Midlands, UK
    The 5L would definitely be too small for me, but I am rocking the 10L. I tried it with my tripod and geared head earlier and that works pretty well - except that the head ends up bteing in front and to the left of me - which means I have to be careful about what it is hitting and/or getting snagged in. I could reverse the tripod to have it feet first but this would make it awkward to attach/detach from the bag.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ggweci

ggweci Regular

Feb 2, 2013
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Craig
    I have the 5L and use it with my Sony A7ii and two primes. Usually the 28 and 55, or sometimes the 28 and 85 if I plan on more portrait work. I can also fit in my little Godox TT350 flash as needed.

Love the compact, low-profile and sleek design. I use it on my back when more active, since it's out of the way and can be locked down. I also carry it like a messenger bag when out for a stroll, or need quicker access to lens/flash.

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.