Micro 4/3 Panasonic/leica constant aperture zoom

DaveO

Regular
Isn't one of their cameras a constant aperture zoom? Maybe I am remembering this wrong, but I thought the camera had a fairly large zoom range, but kept the same aperture throughout the zoom.

try a search for an L1 or L10....I think that was the name. That was quite a few years back, though. Back when 6MP cameras ruled the world.

But then, an asteroid hit the Earth causing radical climate change and they all died out. Today, the "bits" that make our cameras work are all refined from the ancient remains of those cameras, transformed by the Earth's heat and pressure...

Okay, that was a stretch, lol. You just made me think of dinosaurs with your comment, Luke.

My dad just bought an FZ200. I had a bit of a play with it over the weekend, seems like a great camera. Pixel-level detail is at the typical level of a 1/2.3" type sensor (not bad by any means but no match for a larger-sensored camera with a good lens), but honestly, who cares... the image stabilization seemed to work really, really well (ofcourse having f/2.8 at full zoom does help!), operation was very quick and smooth, ergonomics were fine, rotating screen is great... just about the perfect all-round camera if you ask me :) I'm looking forward to using it some more at the Le Mans 24 Hours next week!

Back