One of the selected artists for the June 2013 Projekt30 Exhibition

entropic remnants

Hall of Famer
Name
John Griggs
I belong to this little art community called Projekt30 and I use it to get a little extra attention to my photography. It's a general art site with all types of art represented including sculpture, painting, collage, etc. So when you get juried into a show it's a lot of fun because you being evaluated to some extent as an artist and not just a photographer. The public jurying process went in my favor this month.

Link to the show is here: June 2013 Exhibition at Projekt30

The tile for my part of the exhibition is the third from the top on the left hand side.

Thanks guys!

Yes, you have probably seen these already for the most part as they came from the asylum shoot a few weeks back. Thanks for the comments on the write ups with them -- I enjoy doing that.

That's very kind. Are you saying if I raised prices I'd sell more, lol? I don't sell many as it is -- just enough to keep me wanting to sell prints!

No, sorry, it really wasn't marketing advice -- since I'm horrible at marketing -- just a value vs. price observation. The prints are worth more (an aesthetic judgement) , whether you can get more for them or not (a commercial reality about which I admit I am dumb, dumb, DUMB).

Anyway, I hope you sell tons of them.

No, sorry, it really wasn't marketing advice -- since I'm horrible at marketing -- just a value vs. price observation. The prints are worth more (an aesthetic judgement) , whether you can get more for them or not (a commercial reality about which I admit I am dumb, dumb, DUMB).

Anyway, I hope you sell tons of them.

Ha ha! No worries. I have no idea what I am doing about marketing any more than you do. I am just feeling my way through it. So far my ebay experiment is a dismal failure so far.

Well done John, it is nice to have recognition and validation as an artist......even in this new fangled photography lark. Pricing is very difficult......so many people selling their work these days from the "non pro'" side. People like me in fact. It has become more democratic, less the preserve of experts. I call myself a "jobber" and it is a constant source of amazement for me if someone orders something from me. I just sold 5 of my London night shots to a lady for her house......all 20x16 mounted and framed Not a huge profit made.......but walking on cloud 9 with enough in my pocket for a new lens.

Persevere mate....persevere. I like your work too! I am sure you will sell more.

Back