Fuji ON1 2018 Beta

alexmilesg3

Regular
Name
Alex
Playing around with the 2018 beta version of On1 - and thinking of switching to this from Lightroom and Photoshop. Here is just a sample of photo processed with On1. I have to admit that I am pretty satisfied with the result. It does a much better job than LR when it comes to raw conversion.
DSCF1774.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I tried OnOne Raw for a couple of months. And I really like it. But I could never get an image to look better than I can get from Capture One. That's not to say that images from OnOne Raw looked bad. But side by side, the same image coming out of the Capture One looked better every time.

I tried it on my new MacBook Pro, and it causes the computer to overheat with fans running maximum. Activity Monitor utility says it is using "572%" of CPU. No other program does this. Closing the app brings things back to normal.

I tried it on my new MacBook Pro, and it causes the computer to overheat with fans running maximum. Activity Monitor utility says it is using "572%" of CPU. No other program does this. Closing the app brings things back to normal.

Is this the 2018 Beta or 2017.6? I've been running OnOne Photo RAW on my Macs since it was released in 2016 and have had no issue with overheating or excessive CPU usage. I started with a Mid 2011 27" iMac with 20GB of memory and for the past month, a new Mac mini with 16GB of memory. Both were using the latest version of Sierra and in the case of the iMac, El Capitan before that. If it's the 2018 Beta, let OnOne know for sure so they can see what the issue is and even if it's 2017.6 let tech support know. I've found their tech support to be real responsive. I had a problem with 2017 and they worked on it for weeks, including loading a pre-release of 2017.5 on my iMac until the problem was traced down to a corrupted file in my Library folder. You would never get that type of support from Adobe. As for 2018, unless the Fuji film simulations are there, which is on their to do list, I'll wait for 2019.

Is this the 2018 Beta or 2017.6? I've been running OnOne Photo RAW on my Macs since it was released in 2016 and have had no issue with overheating or excessive CPU usage. I started with a Mid 2011 27" iMac with 20GB of memory and for the past month, a new Mac mini with 16GB of memory. Both were using the latest version of Sierra and in the case of the iMac, El Capitan before that. If it's the 2018 Beta, let OnOne know for sure so they can see what the issue is and even if it's 2017.6 let tech support know. I've found their tech support to be real responsive. I had a problem with 2017 and they worked on it for weeks, including loading a pre-release of 2017.5 on my iMac until the problem was traced down to a corrupted file in my Library folder. You would never get that type of support from Adobe. As for 2018, unless the Fuji film simulations are there, which is on their to do list, I'll wait for 2019.

The 2018 beta- no such issue with 2017. Late 2016 MBP 15" with 16GB ram and 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7, 2TB SSD drive. I had submitted a report to On1 about this.

Back