Fuji OMG! My 18-55 f2.4-4 Just Arrived!

OK.....OK, it IS everything you guys have said about it! Super clear optics and even better O.I.S than my XC lenses. The extra weight makes for more steady shooting as well. I think this one will definitely grow roots on my X-T10 body! Now that I've got it, I find no need for my very good 16-50. I'll probably keep my 27 f2.8 just for it's diminutive size.
OK guys.....the "Fleas" will be staying put.....for now! :laugh1:

Last edited by a moderator:
OK.....OK, it IS everything you guys have said about it! Super clear optics and even better O.I.S than my XC lenses. The extra weight makes for more steady shooting as well. I think this one will definitely grow roots on my X-10 body! Now that I've got it, I find no need for my very good 16-50. I'll probably keep my 27 f2.8 just for it's diminutive size.
OK guys.....the "Fleas" will be staying put.....for now! :laugh1:

Congratulations! I am loving mine as well. Compact and lightweight, so great for hiking.

I'm sure the 18-55 is a fine lens, but it could not replace my very sharp 16-50, because I need the 24mm equivalent too often and am not about to spring for the 16/1.4, which has more speed than I need, and more weight than I want to carry.

I really liked my 16-50 as well for it's great imaging, but it's just not as well built as the 18-55. I can live without the extra 2mm at the wide end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did some serious comparisons yesterday and today between my Fuji X-T10 and my Olympus E-M5 II, and decided to "lighten up" on both systems. That means my brand new 18-55 f2.8-4 has to go, as well as my SAMYANG 12mm f2.0 MFT lens. Fortunately, my 16-50 XC lens is extremely capable so I won't miss the 18-55 too much, but there is a 4.3oz weight difference between them! I guess the difference is "pro" vs "plastic" build quality. Oh well, such is life. Look for it soon at a Classifieds near you!

Back