1. Welcome to Cameraderie.org—a friendly camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Olympus and Pentax lenses

Discussion in 'Olympus' started by kyteflyer, May 22, 2011.

1. Been reading that its possible with an adapter to use K mount lenses with the E-PL1 and E-PL2 (and other m4/3 as well). I've also read that on the Olympii, the AF is usable with K mount lenses.

Has anyone in this forum had any experience of doing this, or know anyone who has? Its just that I have been considering selling the K-5 but the limited lenses I have are something I am reluctant to let go of.

Anyone?

2. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus Subscribing Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    As far as I know there are no non-native lenses that AF. Even the Nokton is MF although it is a micro-43 mount. Available adapters have no electronics. There were some adapters with a micro-chip that gave focus confirmation of manual focus but they seem to have gone off the radar.

3. OK, maybe a switch back to the K-r then.

4. Ned

Ned New Member

May 30, 2011
    Canada
    Not AF, but you can get K-mount adapters with aperture rings to stop down the lens 5 or 6 stops from wide open.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.