Olympus 25% Off Sale on Reconditioned Items

Not much in the lens dept being offered. An O9-18 for $300 is the only real tempting piece of mu43 glass. Bit more of a selection for 4/3 glass.

Did you really see a micro43 version of the 9-18mm in the store today? That's the only one I was looking for :-D

I did see a four thirds 9-18mm, but that's now gone too. So looks like these come and go in a snap :)

The four thirds lenses are generally a bit overpriced in the Olympus store - compared to used prices. And not necessarily flawless. (My 12-60mm had a lot of longish microscratches in the front element. Guess they're not affecting the image quality, but then again I have other 12-60 to compare it against)

the 9-18 I saw earlier was a Zuiko..... NOT an m. Zuiko

the lens selection was marginal. And when I went to put either color of the 45mm in my cart it was out of stock..... and I was in there 2 minutes after I got the email alert.

Of course I don't even need one. I've had the camera (unused) for almost 6 months. But no one wants to buy it so I may as well buy another lens to keep unused with it. I am also in the market for a 75mm lens to not use and would consider a 60 macro to gather dust as well (if the price is right). :hide:

If you're still looking for a 45mm, Luke, I'm "trying" to reduce my lenscollection a bit - and with the 45mm being my least used lens... (actually the PanaLeica 25mm shares that place).

(Originally the plan was to replace both my 45mm and my 60mm with the 50mm zuiko macro... But then Olympus gave us focus stacking for the 60mm so there went that plan :-D It's hard to part with perfectly fine stuff :-D )

Did you really see a micro43 version of the 9-18mm in the store today? That's the only one I was looking for :-D

I did see a four thirds 9-18mm, but that's now gone too. So looks like these come and go in a snap :)

The four thirds lenses are generally a bit overpriced in the Olympus store - compared to used prices. And not necessarily flawless. (My 12-60mm had a lot of longish microscratches in the front element. Guess they're not affecting the image quality, but then again I have other 12-60 to compare it against)
I thought I did. Now I know how those Bigfoot spotters feel.

Back