OBX 2015 Adventures

gryphon1911

Hall of Famer
Name
Andrew
Started off the week in full swing, great weather!

Hit a few snags though:

1) 7 reported shark attacks close to our area
2) heavy storms have come in which cut our dolphin boat tour short(rescheduled for another day)
3) Raining so bad that the roads are not safe to drive on and the condo we are staying at has a fault in the fire alarm system. It has been going off for the last 2 hours intermittently. The fire marshal is actively looking for a solution. He told us that the system got exposed to water and keeps shorting, reported as an alarm box pull.

Despite all that, we are not letting it get us down. We are sitting around, enjoying some downtime while the thunderstorm passes through.

I started looking at some of the images from my time here. We are in the Kill Devil Hills area of NC. The beaches here are great for surfing. Every morning there are roughly around 10-20 surfers, paddleboarders, wakeboarders out.

Here is one shot that I got. Not sure how they will look as I am editing on my Chromebook and the screen is not calibrated. I'm trying to go off the editors histogram. I think the below shot might be a tad bit under exposed.

Olympus OMD EM5 Mk II & Oly 75-300/4.8-6.7 II
surfer1.jpg

OBX Super Hero Squad
suoperherosquad-obx.jpg

The family and I at our favorite dessert place, Booty Treats. They mix flavored shaved ices with a Dippin Dots type ice cream.
Olympus OMD EM5 Mk II & Oly 9mm f/8 Fisheye
bootytreats-fisheye.jpg

Young Fishermen on Nags Head Pier
Fuji X100T
nagshead-pier1.jpg

My wife during our walk on Nags Head Pier
I think I had this set to classic chrome film simulation...
dani-on-pier-edit.jpg

Very cool - the surfer looks perfect, and a nice portrait to close out. I used to do surfers on the West Coast, but haven't done any here. Let's see if I can upload one.... BTW, these were taken with a P&S digicam from circa 2003.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Back