nothing special - my first time lapse

Luke

Legend
Name
Luke
I just wanted to do a little test run and see how everything works. Set the camera to manual exposure to capture the changing light in the room as the sun peeks in and out from behind the clouds. Then used AF for a test shot to get everything in focus and then switched to MF (just in case one of the dogs got up, I didn't want the camera to refocus and mess up the rest of the shots). Programmed the camera to take a shot every 10 seconds and then went off to take a shower and then came back and shut it off. So this is likely around 10-15 minutes of what the dogs do while I am taking a shower. Then I opened the free Windows Movie Maker and dragged the photos in and messed around with the controls. They're not super intuitive, but I got it figured out eventually. I promise my next project will be more exciting now that I have the basics down.

"This video is private"

I imagine the dogs probably got up, walked around on their hind legs, cooked an omelette, played cards, had a cigar ... ?

"This video is private"

I imagine the dogs probably got up, walked around on their hind legs, cooked an omelette, played cards, had a cigar ... ?

well they did, I'm sure......but my memory card ran out of space. Still trying to figure out how to get rid of that cigar smell. And I need to teach them to rinse off their plates.....that egg is so hard to get off once it dries on there.

Ah not private any more. excellent. i like TL
look forward to the shop footage.
my old sigma had TL on it but I can't recall ever trying it. and now it's gone to a better place

Luke. Your Gopro has a nice time lapse function. And the free gopro studio software recognises you have shot time lapse and stitches it all together for you. Simple.
Ps. Love the ear movement

Luke. Your Gopro has a nice time lapse function. And the free gopro studio software recognises you have shot time lapse and stitches it all together for you. Simple.
Ps. Love the ear movement

Thanks for the tip Garry. I bought the GoPro for my wife (who never uses it). I can not for the life of me figure out how to use it (seriously.....no EVF AND no LCD.......how does one frame the shot?!?!)

So it will just sit and collect dust (even though it would likely make fantastic Time Lapse videos).

Stupid GoPro. (and stupid me for buying it when I knew she would never use it).

Luke,

Pretty neat.

Of course, you realize that you didn't capture what dogs really do while you're taking a shower. That's because they knew you were photographing them.

Cheers, Jock

Back