Not Single in January

Wow Paul, I fear this thread could get larger than its parent ;)

Is your intent for others to post anything not SIJ related here, or is this a personal piece only? Maybe let us know where you're intending to steer it before it becomes too heavy with the weight of many folks on-board.

um dunno Sir hadn't thought about the consequences ... I wanted to share a couple of images that were on today's SiJ list and got the chop, but none of the existing image threads seemed the right place for these particular ones ... so far, if I've had an image or two in the also-or-almost-ran list, I've plugged them in somewhere suitable ... if a large proportion of SiJers posted their alsorans here I guess it might easily get huge and unwieldy and overwhelm the "real" SiJ images in the gallery ... none of which answers your questions ... :(

Sorry Paul, I just re-read my reply and it did seem a little prescriptive. Mate all I really meant was to know whether you were happy for anyone to post their also-rans here....and you answered that question perfectly. Just didn't want to have others post here if you'd intended it more as a personal thread.

Having said all that, I'm going to plumb my 2012 files so far and see if I have anything worthy ;)

A couple of different ones from me - Taken on the 6th Jan

magpies.jpg

moon.jpg

Christmas in Puerto Rico

Puerto Rico probably has the distinction of having the longest Christmas season of any place. Officially, our Christmas season ends with the celebration of Epiphany, which occurs on January 6th. However, there is a tradition of extending the season for an additional eight days (octavitas). In any event, Christmas decorations are still up and lit in most public places.

This is my SIJ outtake for today. Christmas in the tropics on January 9th.

1010496.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Cheers,

Antonio

I like the spare sparkplug holder on the left side of the cockpit. I wonder if they had a problem with fouled plugs? Some curious looking handles there as well. I'm sure one is for priming the carburetors, but not sure about the other. Looks like an aircraft cockpit.

Amazing piece of machinery, especially just sitting there unattended.

Thanks for posting these.

One thing you don't see in the picture is a rubber nosed mallet that was sitting on the passenger seat. I'd love to know why they need that.

Back