News Not just 1, but 3 Sony E-Mount FF cameras coming.

Use a fast enough lens and you won't need IBIS. ;)

As for Pentax being the only mfr with an APS-C camera that stabilizes for all lenses. You are forgetting about the company that came out with IBIS before Pentax. That company is Sony. The A100 beat out the K100d by a few months. It worked with all lenses. Sony IBIS still does. Back in 2006 Sony SteadyShot was considered better than Pentax SR by many people. Comparing their 2013 versions, many people are still of the same opinion.

I do remember SSS, but recently I had spot-checked a couple of newish Sony models, and the indications were that the IS is lens-based. Are you saying that there are some recent Sony ILC's with SSS? That'd be sweet!

I do remember SSS, but recently I had spot-checked a couple of newish Sony models, and the indications were that the IS is lens-based. Are you saying that there are some recent Sony ILC's with SSS? That'd be sweet!

I can't think of one Sony Alpha Mount camera that doesn't have SteadyShot currently. I don't think they have ever made an Alpha Mount without it.

I can't think of one Sony Alpha Mount camera that doesn't have SteadyShot currently. I don't think they have ever made an Alpha Mount without it.

Ah yes, I'm looking at the various SLT's and see that they do indeed have SSS. Unfortunately, I'd have to take a step back in high-ISO IQ if I were to migrate from my Pentax K-01 to anything other than the FF A99.

Wonder if the guys at Olympus will be helping design the Sony FF glass, in which case something special could result ...:D
i follow both sony and fuji rumors. i've read something about oly's ibis and zuiko lens tech going into future sonys. i would assume it would be for their G line if not their native line. there will also be some zeiss goodness.

(Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk)

Back