NoSecond's 365 Tough Challenge

Saturday 11th March 2017

Not sure if Far Cry 4 is a suitable title for this one to be playing...

IMG_7708.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Really nice shot! The droplet of the lens only adds to it. I personally would've doned down the drama effect filer a bit, the halo's are a bit distracting to my eye; i think the shot is already plenty dramatic on its own!

Counts :). Just three weeks ago someone posted an image on a neighboring forum - I recognized a supply ship I've photographed in our harbor before and it turned out that the guy on the forum was the captain of that vessel, lol. I didn't ask him but wouldn't say no to a ride to one of the platforms one day.

Tuesday 14th March 2017

I spent the day wiring up emergency generators at waste water pump stations because the town's power grid had taken some serious hits from another lightning storm. Not much in the way of photographic inspiration had presented itself and I didn't have time to unholster the camera anyway so I was relegated to finding something around the home in the evening.

I was trying some LED lit shots of an interesting pattern on the label of a sports supplement container using the super macro mode, when I noticed some even more interesting bokeh from the light reflections off various bits and pieces of my work EDC lined up on the table behind it... Low and behold - soap bubble bokeh from a waterproof compact with a maximum aperture of f/3.5.

IMG_7849.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Counts :). Just three weeks ago someone posted an image on a neighboring forum - I recognized a supply ship I've photographed in our harbor before and it turned out that the guy on the forum was the captain of that vessel, lol. I didn't ask him but wouldn't say no to a ride to one of the platforms one day.

Years ago I moonlighted as a stevedore for a few months and used to get a kick out of seeing some of the ships I had unloaded show up in photos of various ports around the world...

The rig tenders are pretty cool and despite their exaggerated complaining about workload, conditions and pay I could never quite muster any sympathy for the crew as there was always a standup game fishing rig or two stashed behind a ladder or somewhere in the gunnels... :D

I've worked in a boiler factory during my college years. Those folks knew how to stay properly hydrated - my liver and probably brains have never completely recovered from those days :LOL:.

Friday 17th March 2017

This is Matt, our new boiler maker's TA. He's a good bloke and a hard worker but standing still for 5 seconds isn't one of his strengths... :D

View attachment 124399

Back