Nikon Nikon Releases All Weather & Underwater Nikon 1 Body

Olympus went the housing route, which were pretty good by all accounts. I can see the Nikon 1 system being a good platform for this kind of camera, not to mention Nikon's experience with the Nikonos.

Oh man, that's cool. I don't have much interest in the Nikon 1 system but I think that's a great idea and a good place for a compact system camera to shine too. We've visited Hawaii a couple times and I was just thinking it'd be cool to have an underwater camera setup. Wonder if I could rent one of these :D

Been waiting for 15 years for this since I bought a Fuji HD-M

Was hoping Olympus would get there first, but glad Nikon has finally done it! This will be my replacement for the two DSLRs and four compacts I've destroyed while fishing in the last 7 years ...

ZURSKIN-s.jpg

Will also be going directly up against the Hero HD video cams as well as the tough cams and cams in a bag / housing.

Hope others jump into the genre as well!

Seems to be a positive response to this camera on this forum. Are there any who think it's just meh ! It's the lack of viewfinder that let's it down for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Seems to be a positive response to this camera on this forum. Are there any who think it's just meh ! It's the lack of viewfinder that let's it down for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Let's hope for a V3 AW then.

I'd estimate that 90% of my motorcycle trips involve rain. It's a rare trip that's completely dry. The last one had water crossings:

9496738176_1e7274cd17_c.jpg

A RIver Runs Through It by john m flores, on Flickr

So I'll likely get one as soon as someone else want to sell theirs LOL! I'm all about the used/discounted cameras!

Does anyone know if it has a time lapse function ? I'm guessing not.
Can a hood be used on the lenses ? ( Filter thread )
Does anyone actually use motion snapshot ?
Can't believe they never added a wifi camera control built in ! Somehow I can't see the camera being waterproof with the wifi module plugged in.
I am a big fan of the 1system but I'm finding the price a little to high compared to the Olympus OMD or The Pentax weatherproof models. I should point out that just good weather proofing is all I really require .
The 18.5 and 10mm are IMO already quite robust in this respect and I guess the 32 is too, and with a few well placed bits of tape and perhaps a small poly bag , the v&j body's are quite easy to protect.
I'm with Luke on the view that all cameras should at the very least be splash proof .

And now the point of this post. Sorry. It's early and I've forgotten . Oh yeah. If all I need is just good a good weather proof camera I can get a Pentax K5 mk2 short zoom and have some change.
The AW1 will sell, but sadly not to me.

Back