Nikon Showcase Nikon D610 Image thread

Picked up the Nikon 180mm f2.8 ED recently. Even before I purchased the lens I knew it would sit on the fringes with my 20/35/50/85 primes getting the bulk of the use....but I also new there would be those times when I would find a job for it...I guess it'll play a similar role to what the Olympus 75/1.8 did for me when I used to shoot micro 4/3....and much like the Oly I think this Nikon is terrific...sharp as a tack and capable of obliterating a background....wide open there is a little purple fringing on high contrast edges, but nothing LR doesn't resolve with a click.

Here are a few snaps taken with it on the D610 and processed in my slightly over the top way.

21348565478_2bb294b59d_k.jpg

Rusty
by Joe Krizan, on Flickr

21545136361_a3d91aa48b_k.jpg

Busy Laneway
by Joe Krizan, on Flickr

21510192626_cc9cb1515b_k.jpg

Žujo
by Joe Krizan, on Flickr

21536408195_6540a08e62_k.jpg

Inanimate Object Portrait
by Joe Krizan, on Flickr

Nice work Joe. I particularly love the second one, with those little kids up against the wall being "shot". I really enjoy that lens too, although I don't find myself using it like I used the Oly 75, which I basically used like a slightly stretched version of a 135, mostly for portraits, occasionally for more environmental stuff like this. But the 180 is too long for the way I used the 75 - more like just a straight telephoto for shooting musicians and other stuff at more of a distance. I still feel like a good AF 135 is the one remaining hole in my kit. I've got a couple of lenses that cover that with MF, but nothing AF. Someday maybe...

Enjoy,

-Ray

Thanks guys.

@Luke ...often, I don't see the the true end result of my images until much later, despite this, I've never gone back and reprocessed.

@Ray ...a 135 would be wonderful, perhaps Nikon will 'G' up the 135DC, but I'm kinda hoping Sigma does a 135 Art, only because it'll probably be at least as good as the Nikon but only cheaper.

Back