Nikon Nikon 1 J1 new toy

walter_g

Regular
I just bought a J1, and so far It looks like a pretty capable little CAM.
I bought one of the refurb kits with the 10-30 Lens. I think they are a great deal at $160.
I Cant believe how much the price have dropped on these.

The next Nikon af Lens will probably be the 10mm. Unless someone advices be different.
My plans are to get a few chipped adapters so I can use legacy glass, and so It will meter them.
I will be shooting Minolta, Nikon, and cine glass.
Cant wait to get out and shoot some more with this CAM. I got It friday.

Sent from my HTC One V using SeriousCompacts mobile app

Good luck finding adapters with chips (the only one I know of is the FTsomething which will let you use Nikon lenses. I have one without that lets me use Pentax manual lenses), and congrats on your purchase. at $160 thats a great deal. 10mm first.. sure if you like the wider angle. The 18.5 is excellent also.

Good luck finding adapters with chips (the only one I know of is the FTsomething which will let you use Nikon lenses. I have one without that lets me use Pentax manual lenses), and congrats on your purchase. at $160 thats a great deal. 10mm first.. sure if you like the wider angle. The 18.5 is excellent also.

Thanks. Im kinda up in the air 10mm first or the 18.5.
Sooner or later I am planning on buying both.

I dont see It posted anywhere on this forum, but the chipped adapters are being made.
They run $56 each, or If you already have a dumb Adapter you can buy the chip for $40 each.
They are being made by gfotostore, and available thru there website and eBay.
Gfotostore is out of Russia.

Hi Walter. It's nice to know someone is making These adaptors, I bought a dumb one and used it once. Not a pleasurable experience !
I still won't buy one because the whole point of me owning the system is the autofocus capability . Buy the 18.5 first :)

Hi Walter. It's nice to know someone is making These adaptors, I bought a dumb one and used it once. Not a pleasurable experience !
I still won't buy one because the whole point of me owning the system is the autofocus capability . Buy the 18.5 first :)

Thanks, ive heard the 18.5 is really good.
I bought the CAM for Its af capabilty, and at that price I couldnt resist.
I do have alot of legacy glass so I probably will get atleast 1 Adapter, but af will be Its primary use.

I dont see It posted anywhere on this forum, but the chipped adapters are being made.
They run $56 each, or If you already have a dumb Adapter you can buy the chip for $40 each.
They are being made by gfotostore, and available thru there website and eBay.
Gfotostore is out of Russia.

Thanks for that info. I might use my pentax manual lenses more if I could at least get a confirm on the focus. I dont mind not having AF, neither of them have it anyway.. but not getting a focus confirm makes shooting a bit fraught.

Thanks for that info. I might use my pentax manual lenses more if I could at least get a confirm on the focus. I dont mind not having AF, neither of them have it anyway.. but not getting a focus confirm makes shooting a bit fraught.

I just ordered the Minolta MD chipped Adapter for the Nikon 1.
I picked this Adapter because I have some pretty nice Minolta glass.
I will post an update when I get It.

Got some news, good and bad.
My Adapter shipped.

On another Forum a couple members have tested the chip and It works on the V1.:D
It was also tested on the S1 and didnt work.:banghead:
I might be the first testing It on the J1.:eek:
So wish me luck.

Got some news, good and bad.
My Adapter shipped.

On another Forum a couple members have tested the chip and It works on the V1.:D
It was also tested on the S1 and didnt work.:banghead:
I might be the first testing It on the J1.:eek:
So wish me luck.

I just wanted to make a correction to this thread.
Gfotostore updated their firmware on their chips to include support for the S1.
Great adapter, perfect fit and does exactly what its suppose to do.
Sure makes using Legacy manual focus glass easy.

Back