Sony Newbie question on activating RX1 creative styles

Grizzly

Hello!

I am new to digital, and the Sony RX1 is my first "such" camera. I have about three decades of photography experience behind, but translating it into the RX1 interface seems slightly beyond my grasp, especially given the rather poor user manual that I have.

I would like to ask you to help me set the B+W Creative style, that allows shooting a BW jpeg and a raw color. I'd like to associate this style with one of those three memory positions, that is... uhm.. 1, 2 and 3.

I tried to press the Fn button and was looling for the STD setting to dig into the creative styles, as the user guide suggests, but I can't find this setting.

I only see auto, drive and flash mode settings and soft skin, smile/face detect and auto port framing.

There's a "more" button that I suspect would show me more options but can't really use it: if i press enter it activates one of the visible options and not the next page of options. I'm sure this is a no brainer for you, so I'd appreciate your advice to me-the-digital-newbie.

Thanks!

I don't have the RX1 anymore, but if memory serves, it works pretty much like any digital camera that has both raw and jpeg options. Set it to shoot raw+jpeg and then set the style to B&W and the jpeg should come out B&W (and the view on the LCD/EVF will probably be B&W as well) but the raw file is there to do with as you please... Even to convert it to B&W!

-Ray

Back