Feedback New site style

Does it jump back up or stay like that, @muzee ?
Actually I looked at it again.

It seems to be an effect of my specific screen resolution/size. What is happening is the menu is extending full for a second and contracting back - pushing down the icons momentarily (I thought the search was jumping up).
When I expanded the window (so entire menu is displayed (no roll-up)), this does not happen.

I like the new look and the blue instead of orange. My only problem has to do with Smugmug getting rid of bbc codes, which is how I posted images. I know how to get them in, but I liked hosting them off PL's servers and thus lightening the load.

It's a great forum site, all round.

I like the new look and the blue instead of orange. My only problem has to do with Smugmug getting rid of bbc codes, which is how I posted images. I know how to get them in, but I liked hosting them off PL's servers and thus lightening the load.

It's a great forum site, all round.

Our server is pretty beastly right now, so feel free to upload images directly to threads. Or you can grab the URL from Smugmug and add bbcode. Or use one of the html to bbcode converters out there to take Smugmug html and convert to bbcode. All good :).

I removed the old site style options temporarily (most likely) for two reasons: 1) to make everyone aware of the new options (some won't try the new ones without the old ones being pulled) and 2) because it's much easier for me to support two styles than five.

Hi Amin, minor irritation dept. FujiXSpot is "hidden" inside the three lines pull down menu; it and here are where I toggle between all the time. Any way it can be added to the top line without having to pull down?

Hi Amin, minor irritation dept. FujiXSpot is "hidden" inside the three lines pull down menu; it and here are where I toggle between all the time. Any way it can be added to the top line without having to pull down?
How many items get displayed or rolled up in the top menu is a function of:
- how wide your browser window is (could be limited by screen size),
- and zoom level in the browser.

Yeh, I know. I did a bit of experimentation. dropping the zoom level by one click makes everything visible, but means I'm starting to lean forward to read the text on the screen. Sod's law, I know!

I restored the old style options, so if one of those works better for you, you can use it.

th.jpg

Back