Sony New RX1

okinana

Name
Gat Andres Bonifacio
My RX1 just arrived from B&H. I also got the charger + extra battery combo.

I am going to the Bay Area for a week long vacation. Hopefully I will have enough opportunity to use it there. Might go to Yosemite too.

Anyone here ordered the Gariz Black Label half case with the strap, hook, etc.? Is it worth it? I am thinking of ordering it from ebay (Korean sellers) for $219.50. How long does it take for the item to get to the US? The ad in ebay says Apr 29-May 15. Anyone know of a faster delivery?

Thanks.

Congrats and welcome to the forum!

Gariz makes nice stuff, although they are a bit pricey! But gotta protect your investment right? :)

Lots and lots of stuff to take photo of, in the Bay Area. Enjoy!

I had a Gariz half case for my X100 when I had it. Its very well designed and made, but I ultimately stopped using it after a couple of weeks. It adds a fair amount of weight and bulk to the bottom plate of the camera without doing much for the grip or to protect the camera. They look sort of nice, but I don't think I'd buy one again based on that experience. And there are plenty of equally good or better strap options if you like a sling strap approach...

I am using a Gariz cap keeper on my RX1 though - those can be pretty handy and that lens cap is so damn nice I'd REALLY hate to lose it..:cool:. Only about $12-15 on ebay

-Ray

Thanks to to you Ray, Mutley and Eliot!

Ray, I might get the cap keeper.

I love the photos from this awesome compact FF camera!!!

Another question that I have is - how can I post to Facebook without ruining the quality/IQ of the photos?

Thanks again for all your answers.

HUBERT
_DSC0128.jpg
Spring 2013 with family.jpg

Thanks to to you Ray, Mutley and Eliot!

Ray, I might get the cap keeper.

I love the photos from this awesome compact FF camera!!!

Another question that I have is - how can I post to Facebook without ruining the quality/IQ of the photos?

Thanks again for all your answers.

HUBERThttps://www.photographerslounge.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=5640"/>[img]https://www.photographerslounge.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=5641"/>[/QUOTE]

Yaaaaaaaay :D !!!!!!!

Glad you joined our world take over group! Hehehehe. More pics!!!

The big one is pretty big, actually makes it a bit awkward to carry with the EVF in place (without flipping it up), and is difficult to use with eyeglasses. The small one is a lot smaller, easier to carry, and fine with glasses. And you can remove it altogether and use the EVF without either, although then nothing screens out the sun. Here's the small eyecup at an angle you can see a bit better:

View attachment 68680
RX1 by ramboorider1, on Flickr

-Ray

Back